Page 1 of 790 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    ENTP

Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

The tradition continues. And forevermore, rants will be associated with the word Polemarch.

I do actually have a rant though:

People who are making a left turn, but don't pull out into the intersection. They wait behind the limit line timidly, they don't even pull forward during the yellow, they wait until at least a full second after the red, then slam on the gas so they can make the turn.

Thanks asshole. There wasn't anyone behind you or anything who would have also liked to turn left. No, it's just you. You're the only person in the world, and your safety and timidity is golden, fuckall to anyone who might be right behind you hoping you'd inch out a little so other people could turn left, no don't mind me I'll just sit here through another traffic light cycle for 6 minutes, I don't have anywhere to be or anything, sitting at traffic lights is FUN FOR ME, you selfish unaware little shit.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I needed groceries so I decided to go to the store. This is the last Saturday before Christmas. It was nuts.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Also, dealing with flaky artists is turning me into a flaky artist.

I've been trying to set up an event. I got the venue and such sorted out but I needed feedback and commitment from some other people to make it work. I sent out an email to a bunch of people proposing the event, outlining what I needed help with and asking people what their availability was within a specific date range. I got no response so I sent it again, and again, and on the third try a couple people declined, said they weren't able/available. I finally got back to the venue and said no, this isn't going to happen.

About a month later, the venue contacted me regarding putting together another event, and gave me a new set of dates. I thought hey why not try and make this work? So I contacted everyone again and I got one positive response, suggesting a specific day. I responded to this person saying it's great that she could come, and is there an alternate day/time that would work for her if our preferred date doesn't work with the venue? No response. So I declined the offer to put on this event.

That was about 3 weeks ago. Today I got an email from her saying that we should probably sort out the details for this event sometime soon. And now I have to find a way to say in a non-bitchy sort of way that it's not happening because I didn't hear from anyone.

Type
    INTP
    Why is Start Trek: Voyager so bad? Why is Kate Mulgrew so annoying?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyBard View Post
    Why is Start Trek: Voyager so bad? Why is Kate Mulgrew so annoying?
    Her voice, imho.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    A constant bedroom voice.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    A constant bedroom voice.
    I wish she were sexy.

Type
    INTP
    Fuck Christmas.

When I hear all your caroling, cheer and ostentatious displays of LED lights, I just mentally think of the nails on a chalkboard sound of sliding my debit card through cash registers and my bank account diminishing.

Type
    INFP
    It took me about 8 episodes of Orange is the New Black to realize Red was Kate Muldrow.

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Fuck Christmas.

When I hear all your caroling, cheer and ostentatious displays of LED lights, I just mentally think of the nails on a chalkboard sound of sliding my debit card through cash registers and my bank account diminishing.
    LED Christmas lights make me unbelievably angry. They look wrong in every way. I don't care how energy efficient the god damned things are give me my bubblelights and some goddamned ceramic c9 bulbs. A plain string of colored lights with some vintage star/flower reflectors is going to look a million times better than some bullshit colorchanging leds. And icicle lights. Fuck those too.

Also caroling is fun you fucking Grinch.