Page 814 of 949 FirstFirst ... 314714764804812813814815816824864914 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,140 of 9483

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    No they didn't. The cop heard the woman repeat herself in defiance of the judge or whoever and removed her. "They" didn't interfere but that's not the same as them having her removed. I think the judge guy made a bad decision and the woman continuing should have been considered an objection. I don't know what the cop's orders were but I don't consider it a big deal. She made her point and the rest of the teachers got to hear it as did everyone else.
    Dude, there's no judge. It's a school board meeting. That's the chairman. Here is an article about it, where they state that it isn't clear whether or not the cop was acting on his own. And she was asking a question which deserved an answer, which is what these meetings are supposed to be for. And it is clear that none of the board members spoke up to say that it was unnecessary to remove her. Why do you think the rest of the people gathered there, who had been quiet the entire time, started speaking up to say what a disgrace it was when she was arrested?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I worked for a decade under a pay increase freeze and saw my class sizes nearly double in that time. I was on the faculty senate and we once had a person come in the place of the uni president and tell us "I don't want to hear any apposing viewpoints" and then when an apposing viewpoint was raised, she pulled out a notepad and pen and said, "How do you spell your name?" There were no more dissenting viewpoints.

I watched teacher after teacher come in all fresh and full of hope and life only to become jaded and hateful over the course of a few years. That teacher ... you could hear it in her voice ... her time had been abused for years, she probably did the calc. where you divide the number of dollars you took home by the number of hours you'd worked and realized she'd be better off at McDonalds, she'd been asked to take one for the team in terms of pay and class size increases because education is important, because these kids need you, because you are good at your job, etc., she'd been taking all that fucking abuse and telling herself it was for the students, and then some asshole who hasn't even seen the front lines of education in a third world state is sitting up there voting himself a raise from the same kitty that she's been told has been depleted by katrina and the floods and the blah blah blah ... dude, teachers in this state are so pissed I'm surprised school board members don't keep armed bodyguards.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    @pensive_pilgrim you have no fucking idea....
    Start at about 1:30, then proceed to watch the Louisiana state legislature at work.

I want to reiterate, this is a legislative session. If this took place at a music venue, I would not care.

5:00 is where it gets hilarious, but you gotta listen to some of the justifications leading up to this shit.

They try to make it sound like this whole thing is to empower youth, then hurricane chris actually tries to say his song is about empowering women. The lyrics are so demeaning.

The people in this state are so under-educated it makes you want to cry. I feel like the peace corp needs to start sending people here to help in the schools. You would not believe the shit that the college bio students at the community college believed about birth control and pregnancy. There are two classes of people here...those who go to public schools and religious schools, and those who can afford to send their kids to real schools.
    Last edited by Sistamatic; 01-09-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    His raise was 38k per year (from 110k to 148k). The raise alone was the apprx annual salary of the teachers under him. The teachers under him had not had a raise in over ten years. Not sure how he expected that to go over, but I'll say this, shutting her up sure backfired on him. Maybe this is all for the best.

Type
    INTP
    Bathrooms/stalls without hooks. Luckily this one only allows one person at a time and I had a large enough carabiner with me so I hung my jacket and backpack on the door closer.

I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    @Sistamatic, I watched that clip today. It reminded me of Reno 911 crossed with The Boondocks. I'm working on just enjoying the hilarity of life satirizing itself.

People are so ineffably effed up.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I have had it today.

Firstly, every client on Earth has arisen from their post New Year slumber and thrown everything they've saved up at me all at once. And half of them don't seem to know their arse from their elbow today and are asking questions they shouldn't even be working in this industry if they cannot answer. I swear, they just want attention - that's not what I'm here for. I have salespeople if you want a blow job, I just do the maths. Plus arguments about kitchen dishes as if someone leaving a fucking tea spoon in the sink is premeditated murder, people destroying my spreadsheets because they're messing with them like monkeys who have suddenly discovered a keyboard (You want me to extract a 100 table MIS system into a single easy to use spreadsheet that matches 8 years of data? Fine, but stop trying to amend it yourself afterwards). On top of several more issues, it's 3 o'clock and I've done twice as much work today as I did all day yesterday and am still further behind.

Meh - just wanted a quick rant before I got back to it.
    I want to go home and order pizza.

And I want to fast forward to tomorrow evening.

For now I'm getting more tea. Tea will help.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Vegans that come to obviously not vegan places and make a scene when we can't magically make them some vegan shit.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Vegans that come to obviously not vegan places and make a scene when we can't magically make them some vegan shit.
    It isn't even a medical condition. They have no right to expect an establishment to cater to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    Xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    It isn't even a medical condition. They have no right to expect an establishment to cater to them.
    I'm imagining a meat-eater going into a vegan space, and his reaction.
    ni patrie ni patron