Page 938 of 938 FirstFirst ... 438838888928936937938
Results 9,371 to 9,375 of 9375

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Thanks.. yea.. my concern is that my mother, who is unwell and quite behind the times, cannot help him with these affairs, and leaving him to his own devices already culminated in the hospital and a psychosis diagnosis.

He's partially disclosed some disturbing information which goes a way to explaining the mental breakdown - but he just won't open up any further about it, or take any ownership for his own behaviour.

If I don't help him, what will become of him? But I do fear he's taking advantage of the situation and I am just enabling his laziness.

Trying to toe the line between good cop/bad cop isn't easy.. I'll get the ball rolling for him, but he'll have no choice but stand up on his own two feet soon.

My baby is fast becoming my priority.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I recently spent $140 on some art for my apartment. I bought it off Etsy. It was a recreation of the artist's original, which looked really good. When we got it though, the recreation was seriously lacking. The brush strokes were much broader, the colors were less complex, details were missing, and it was just obvious that it had been rushed.

Now I get it. As far as art goes, $140 is cheap, especially for the size (36" x 24"). But I mean damn, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place if I knew I was going to get a crappier, rushed version of what was represented.

Stayed home today after protests surrounded my work yesterday. Everything is apparently calm now, except that 3G still seems to be blocked (fortunately our WiFi at home has been ok so far). Very conveniently, all of the US Embassy alerts are emailed, so if WiFi goes, I'll be clueless. Getting a fair bit of work done from home, but UGH.

Type
    INTP
    I think my borther's beyond all help.

I woke him up and took him to the doctor's yesterday morning, at which he huffed and puffed and dragged his feet all the way down the road. He walked into the doctors with his hood up, with some wannabe gangsta walk, and tried taking a seat leaving me to do the speaking. I told him to come to the desk with me.. when asked for details he mumbled a response whilst facing the other way. I told him to turn around and talk properly, to which he huffed and puffed.

His registration isn't complete yet, so more waiting. Then he huffed and puffed and dragged his feet back home.

Yesterday morning his bank statement arrived, one that I requested that he order so I could check the status of his bank account for his future sick benefits to be paid in to. I wanted the statement, because he said he didn't know the status of his bank - not that his word for anything can be trusted anyway.

I opened the statement whilst he was upstairs. For some reason the statement only covered April & May of this year and no more and no less. It did however document that half of my brothers income was being transferred to this "friend" of his, and a good portion of it was spent at petrol stations, brother doesn't drive, but "friend" does.

This is the "friend" who took him out last Friday night, and left him stranded Saturday day .

So I contacted one of his real friends, who is one of the family also trained and employed him since school, to relay this information as they long suspected that this other "friend" was taking advantage of him.. and with evidence, they wouldn't hesitate to set this other "friend" straight.

The real friends happen to be the biggest, hardest knocks on the block, so for that sort of support I'm eternally grateful.

He refused to comply with questioning of this situation, when getting a good talking to by this real friend that I roped in for support. The real friend told him that fake friend was taking advantage of him whilst he's in a vulnerable state, and that his attitude towards me, mom and his real friends stunk, and that he needed to fix up.

Once we were alone again he started giving me attitude and pulling the sympathy card about his hard life.

I told him that he needed to man up, and start taking things on board - we can't keep baby sitting him.

Today I was contacted by his real friend to say that he had a days work for brother, and I should get him to call him.

So this morning after I got in from work at 9am I went up to brother who was, surprise surprise, still in bed (where he spends 20 hours a day) and I told him to call friend for a day's work .

20 minutes later he still hadn't gotten out of bed, so I told him again. He huffs and puffs, but eventually gets out of bed and makes the call. I hear him make a cup of tea, and then he sneaks out the front door without a word to me or mom.

Mom follows him to the door and asks if he's going to work, he mumbles, back turned to her. He was walking 1 mph and dragging his feet, hands in his pocket, hood up...

.. So mom calls after him "try to look a bit more enthusiastic will you" to which he kept saying "what" with his back turned to her, making her repeat herself.

He then does a U-Turn, returns to the doorstep where he gets in mom's face and start ranting about how she should mind her own business.

To which I come to the front door and told him to drop his attitude.

He then turns around and gets in my face, yelling to the point of froth about how he won't bother going to work, and I'm just a control freak - but with a lot of incoherent bullshit thrown into the mix. Oh, and accusations of some grand conspiracy theory that I've been secretly accessing his bank and ordered statements and a card. Lord knows why, everybody else - including myself has been paying for him to live. What the fuck am I going to do with his empty bank account (?!)

I calmly told him that he's suffering paranoid delusions and his aggressive outbursts won't be tolerated, get to work and come back later. (The work by the way would not have been challenging, it was his friends offer to get him out the house and "earn" some cash - which he needs).

To which he flew into another fit of rage,. I was gonna give up and go to bed, but my mom didn't feel safe being in his delusional presence. So we asked him to leave and come back later. To which he was like "no, no, no, I'm not leaving so you'll have to get the police to remove me"

And so I did.

He's currently walking the streets. Where he can stay for the the afternoon as far as I'm concerned. In the meantime, I'm trying to get his mental health team to take more proactive action.

Control freak, yeah, because he's needs a lot of shit doing quickly and he ain't doing it himself. So far I've sorted his doctors and hospital appointments, got his documentation together, got him a few days work, gave him my S6, topped it up, and fed and fucking clothed him.

If that's not good enough for him, then he can go and fuck himself, he's beyond my help.

Onabout "I'm too ill to work, or do anything for myself", entitled fucking pipsqueak.. next he'll be wanting us to wipe his fucking arse.
    Last edited by Sinny; 09-18-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    So I was asked directly whether I am an aspie. By Human Resources lady at a company that fired me, no less.

I wasn't that annoyed, actually, but it seemed a bit unprofessional. First, lady, you should update your knowledge on the Spectrum. "Asperger's" is no longer used as a concept. Second, your preface "that I resemble some very dear and special friend of yours who is aspie" was pitiful as an attempt to mitigate the potentially insulting nature of your question. And lastly, do you not realise that your laughter sounds fake every time? Even I can hear that day after day, you are just pretending to be bubbly or something.

But none of those comments were in my in response and neither should they have been. She had asked the question in private and warned that it was to be a personal question. What I should have replied is to ask what features or symptoms she had noticed. That would have been constructive and would have taken full advantage of her observations.

Or, if I really had to strike back, I should have delivered the line "Has your friend been diagnosed by anyone else than you?"

So there, my fellow forum members. I thought you should be made aware of this incident.