Page 854 of 854 FirstFirst ... 354754804844852853854
Results 8,531 to 8,535 of 8535

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    In my experience, Malwarebytes for Mac is at best just substantially inferior to their Windows version. At worst, a man-in-the-middle can intercept your download and corrupt the product to behave in ways that reinforce the attackers persistence on your machine. I still remember the horror of seeing this in action.

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    I bought this laptop last week... ��
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Oh no!
    Sorry to hear that.
    For me, Corel is such a piece of shit with the protexis copy protection system running all the time, that I would prefer not to have a purchased, licensed copy of it, but the cracked version.

Sounds like everyone has it under control. I would rebuild the system though, sometimes the ant-malware can miss a bit. I've had years-old cracks that turned out to have trojans. I've begun to virtualize and have whole virtual machines (VMs) for some software.
    I might soon have to run my beloved command and conquer 2 from one soon.

You can check what is being executed under startup conditions by running msconfig.exe and checking the startup tab (and checking for new services) If it's a pain, I guess you can salvage it, but consider running it in vmware or similar in the future.
    I'm brilliant and everyone else is an arse.

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Oh no!
    Sorry to hear that.
    For me, Corel is such a piece of shit with the protexis copy protection system running all the time, that I would prefer not to have a purchased, licensed copy of it, but the cracked version.

Sounds like everyone has it under control. I would rebuild the system though, sometimes the ant-malware can miss a bit. I've had years-old cracks that turned out to have trojans. I've begun to virtualize and have whole virtual machines (VMs) for some software.
    I might soon have to run my beloved command and conquer 2 from one soon.

You can check what is being executed under startup conditions by running msconfig.exe and checking the startup tab (and checking for new services) If it's a pain, I guess you can salvage it, but consider running it in vmware or similar in the future.
    I did everything you said, my laptop is now on fire. How do I proceed.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Gassy ~ A 'torm is brew'n Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

I posted a comment:
    Filtered water with trace minerals and some dark acid? A reverse osmosis filter for water that is capable of 0ppm and Concentrace mineral can be bought for about as much as your 12 pack of water (which amounts to about 1 gallon of water?) Someone could literally make dozens of gallons of water with similar mineral content for the same cost as you are offering people to acquire your water for resell? Snake oil salesman much?