Page 1152 of 1152 FirstFirst ... 152652105211021142115011511152
Results 11,511 to 11,519 of 11519

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

  1. #11511
    Senior Member Limes's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,234
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    What's it smell like besides not great--no fragrance whatsoever?

    I bought some Tresemme clean shampoo-- a brand I wouldn't have bought othewise-- and it's eliminated some of the waxy residue out of my hair on the first wash.
    oh, it's peppermint apparently, it's not a strong smell, it's the texture that matters *flicks hair*

  2. #11512
    malarkey oxyjen's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,343
    For the last 2-3 weeks I get the same stupid headache if I run or even attempt to do something sexually. This suuuuucks. I tried to push through but attempting to persevere ratchets up the intensity of the throbbing dramatically.

    I even front loaded one time with a Valium but it didn't help anything. I have normal blood pressure, drink at least 64 oz of water a day, have been taking a multi-vitamin, haven't changed my exercise intensity at all...

    If it continues there is a migraine medication I can get with a prescription but I'm concerned they will make me get an MRI first that is expensive and unnecessary. blergh.

  3. #11513
    non-canonical Light Leak's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lost-Hope
    Posts
    2,345
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    If it continues there is a migraine medication I can get with a prescription but I'm concerned they will make me get an MRI first that is expensive and unnecessary. blergh.
    In my experience, if you see your primary care physician they're not going to make you get an MRI. A neurologist probably will. Of course your primary doctor might suggest that you see a neurologist, but they might also just give you the prescription. Also, with pandemic going on a lot of doctors are just doing the televisit thing right now, so you don't even have to go in. I recently got some prescription painkillers for back pain and all I had to do was do a phone call with my doctor.

    But yeah, exertion headaches suck. I get them sometimes and then other times I can do the same activity and not get them. I can't figure it out. I've wondered if it was the heat for awhile, but I've gotten them before while hiking during the winter so maybe not. Currently, I'm trying to work on correcting my posture because my PT and stuff I've read say that forward head posture can be a big trigger for headaches.

  4. #11514
    malarkey oxyjen's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    In my experience, if you see your primary care physician they're not going to make you get an MRI. A neurologist probably will. Of course your primary doctor might suggest that you see a neurologist, but they might also just give you the prescription. Also, with pandemic going on a lot of doctors are just doing the televisit thing right now, so you don't even have to go in. I recently got some prescription painkillers for back pain and all I had to do was do a phone call with my doctor.

    But yeah, exertion headaches suck. I get them sometimes and then other times I can do the same activity and not get them. I can't figure it out. I've wondered if it was the heat for awhile, but I've gotten them before while hiking during the winter so maybe not. Currently, I'm trying to work on correcting my posture because my PT and stuff I've read say that forward head posture can be a big trigger for headaches.
    I will give it another week and see if they let up. I was just frightened because I've been looking up similar stories and it seems a lot of doctors want that testing to rule out stuff first.

    My posture probably sucks. Is there some weird brace to keep my spine/neck in alignment? I'll try it.

    The other night I went into a hot tub quickly and just the temperature change (??) caused my head to throb but it dissipated quickly, like thirty seconds. I've never had much of a problem with headaches before and this is super annoying.

  5. #11515
    non-canonical Light Leak's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lost-Hope
    Posts
    2,345
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    I will give it another week and see if they let up. I was just frightened because I've been looking up similar stories and it seems a lot of doctors want that testing to rule out stuff first.

    My posture probably sucks. Is there some weird brace to keep my spine/neck in alignment? I'll try it.

    The other night I went into a hot tub quickly and just the temperature change (??) caused my head to throb but it dissipated quickly, like thirty seconds. I've never had much of a problem with headaches before and this is super annoying.
    I think it's probably easier to get away without testing right now with COVID-19. Doctors seem hesitant to have people come into the office, at least around here. Also, I think it depends on how big a problem it is. My mom has migraines and her doctor has no problem giving her prescription migraine meds. I've had headaches since I was a kid, and they tend to be more chronic so I've been sent to several different neurologists. I would think doctors would be willing to let you give the medication a try and if it doesn't work then maybe sending you for testing, but I don't know.

    Are the headaches just on one side of your head or both? Migraines tend to be more unilateral, but I've had some that are on both sides. A combo of imitrex and either aleve or ibuprofen seems to work pretty well when I get the exertion headaches, but it doesn't always get rid of it completely. Those headaches seem to be some of the most stubborn headaches that I get. Mine seem to stem from the base of my skull at the back of my head and then go into my temples and behind my eyes. It helps to put a tennis ball on the back of my head where it hurts and massage the area by doing a "yes" motion with my head and then a "no" motion with my head and then rolling it in small circles. You can also just find the tender area and rest your head there.

    Heat seems to make my head throb sometimes too, but then other times a heating pad helps. It's weird. I think it depends on the type of headache. Sometimes an ice pack works better.

    As for the posture stuff, there's not really a quick fix like a brace. Those can actually make the problem worse because they weaken your muscles over time so you become more and more dependent on the brace. For neck posture I'm working on stretching out my trap muscles and strengthening my upper back muscles because when we're hunched over a computer or phone all day the traps tend to get overly tight and the back muscles weaken. The back muscles need to be strengthened to hold you more upright. Strengthening the core helps too. I'm also trying to get the natural curve back in my neck by laying on the floor with a small foam roll behind my neck. I started out doing just a couple mins a day, but now I do it for 15 mins.

    Going to physical therapy and seeing a jaw doctor for TMJ have seemed to help my headaches more than anything else I've tried over the years. Neurologists have been pretty useless. Physical therapy can be expensive though. I went to one my insurance covered for awhile and it didn't help. It was like a factory. You go in for a specific problem and they have a specific set of exercises they have you do. My current physical therapist is amazing, but doesn't take insurance. He's technically an orthopedic manual therapist. He's really good at finding the problem and addressing it, and a lot of times the problem isn't where it actually hurts. The other physical therapists just treated where it hurt.

    Sorry, this is long.

  6. #11516
    Senior Member
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    a lot of times the problem isn't where it actually hurts.
    I also find this to be true. Usually where it hurts is a muscle that is compensating for the problem, the problem muscle itself doesn't hurt. Massaging the problem muscle feels good but doesn't fix anything.

  7. #11517
    Hasta Siempre Madrigal's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maņana
    Posts
    9,513
    @oxyjen are you monitoring your bp with a device? You should probably get one if you don't have one. Just speaking from my ignorance on this but I have family cases of high bp + headaches.

    Dunno if the lockdown is making you sit more but when sitting we put stress on muscles that try to overcompensate for the resting ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

  8. #11518
    malarkey oxyjen's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    @oxyjen are you monitoring your bp with a device? You should probably get one if you don't have one. Just speaking from my ignorance on this but I have family cases of high bp + headaches.

    Dunno if the lockdown is making you sit more but when sitting we put stress on muscles that try to overcompensate for the resting ones.
    We have a machine due to mr. Oxy, and mine has always been normal or even a bit on the low side.

    Really all my symptoms point to benign exertion headache (also both types of sex related headaches, as that's how this originally started).

    I was able to get an O today with no headache (attempting to go for a second brought the rumblings of a headache on). Progress!

  9. #11519
    Member aiyanah's Avatar
    Type
    XXXX
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    333


    gender dynamics is seemingly never considered in the modern world.
    following this offlineTV drama with fedmyster and all the girls...more than all the girls(?), really bizarre situation to be frank and it was foreseen ages ago.

    well to kick it off from the jump, fedmyster moving into the OTV house was always sketchy to anyone with eyes and common sense in regards to gender dynamics and scouting men and their intentions.
    suddenly, 5 years later, all these stories come out about his gropey behavior and his covering for himself with alcohol and a selective memory, and cockblocking cause he can't have his harem get sullied by some other guy, that would be abhorrent.
    so as ever, whatever get's released publicly will be the tip of the iceberg, the real details will stay in-house, and the house had knowledge of these actions years ago.
    this is most likely to be the year that geeks and freaks are separated.

    is a shame though, here i was thinking fed had gotten past his dark-simp/beta-orbiter energy after all these years of nothing untoward getting shared publicly, but i guess not.
    in other news, dr disrespect has been permabanned for unknown reasons, i'm really expecting some sexual misconduct allegation to emerge there cause the energy on his final stream clips is...off.
    and some other pedophilic allegations to go around for some other wild ones on that platform.

    seems to me that society has to rediscover some boundaries between the genders, but that will be for some other time.
    i'm out here still wondering how people are so shook that men and women living in the same space and not being family would result in some dicey interactions.
    as you were though, tis more likely nothing is learned in the present.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •