Page 928 of 928 FirstFirst ... 428828878918926927928
Results 9,271 to 9,279 of 9279

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    The point of it is to make sure that people don't have conflicts on the time they want to use the courtyard. It's also really discouraged that you use it, and when you move in they make the rules abundantly clear that it's for "an absolute last resort" and that you should figure out another space to do what you need.

It's not right that we all pay the same amount but one person gets to use more space than us whenever he feels like it.
    I just go outside with some beers & a boom box.

Two can play that game.

I'd also offer him a drink laced with Shroom juice.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I just go outside with some beers & a boom box.

Two can play that game.
    Hah, send in the Sinny!

The downside to that is that I'd inadvertently get all of my other neighbors to start hating me too, and strategically, it's not a good idea to have your neighbors hate you if you can help it. The last thing I want to worry about when I come home is "will someone I live next to do some stupid shit to intentionally waste my free time?"

Funnily enough, people do actually sometimes sit out and play music with a few beers on Friday and Saturday evenings every now and then. This isn't all that strict of a place, and that's because everyone has been pretty mature about the use of the courtyard (and those people that sit outside are actually quieter than this guy has been...)

Anyway, I also suspect he's pissed enough people off this time that when he does it a 3rd time it'll be handled differently by more than a few of my neighbors (particularly the guy that screamed at him this time).

I'd also offer him a drink laced with Shroom juice.
    Spoiler:

He's not worthy!

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    @Sloth, Ok. Thank you for taking the time to talk about it. From where I'm sitting, I also think a lot of the outrage is just carried over from the sawing last week that never got addressed, and a concern this guy is going to be an ongoing problem. Mostly because he seems to be an ongoing problem.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    @Sloth, Ok. Thank you for taking the time to talk about it.

Yes this such an enriching situation!

I don't think my brain can fully process the amount of stress and pressure I'm under right now... so it's a lot more enjoyable to channel my nervous energy into griping about my silly neighbor! Duh!

Psh.

From where I'm sitting, I also think a lot of the outrage is just carried over from the sawing last week that never got addressed, and a concern this guy is going to be an ongoing problem. Mostly because he seems to be an ongoing problem.
    Yeah, well with any luck I won't be home next time he pulls his shenanigans so I won't even know it happened.

That also makes me wonder if he's done this more often than I realize.

Oh well.

Colymbosathon ecplecticos
    Type
    INTP
    Even without rain there could be condensation on the bottom of a tent after use, and nylon absorbs water and will be damaged if not allowed to dry before storage. When I went on a camping trip with friends and we were packing up to go home some of them tilted their tent so the bottom was exposed to the air for a while.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Sounds like a fuckin zoo out here

Birds chirping
    Crickets going off
    Frogs doing their noises
    Rustling in the woods

Type
    INTP
    Ffs.

Got Jenny out of the house, and now Seb is walking around playing Prince and singing to it really loud.

What the fuck is wrong with people.

They all need fucking shot.

And that's the sort of music that should still be on tape and smashed up a wall

Gay fuck.has been in he bathroom grooming himself for 40 minutes.

Just told him to knock it off.

He said "sorry dude, I thought I heard the telly on in your room"

You.mean the telly I can barely hear over the sound of that shite.

I said "you did, but my telly isn't stopping me from sleeping, that distracting music is"

Fuckin dumbass cunt.
    Don't start blasting music unless we're both walking around the house.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    [yam yams]
    Here's the household:

To think, that one dude went on to be in Harry Potter.

Type
    INTP
    Woke up with anger coursing through my veins...

Got to try and turn this day around.