Page 1031 of 1031 FirstFirst ... 315319319811021102910301031
Results 10,301 to 10,306 of 10306

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    Ah fuck my sister thinks the earth is flat on top of everything else

Ah fuck

I told her I visited the flathearthsociety forum and that their arguments are pretty cool. More thoughtful than roundearthers who just say it's round because they were told so

She said the Bible says its flat so its flat, and didn't say anything like how the forum members have all these ideas

Sort of analogous to people saying it's round without being able to explain why it's round but on the flip end
    Ask her if the round stars & planets in the sky are round or flat, lol.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    My cousin asked me to go to Benidorm with her... Is there a polite way to tell her that I'd rather hang myself than go to the sort of places she likes to go?

Same with my mates & Blackpool... If I have to go up that end of the country, it would only be for the Lake District.

Honestly, people are insufferable.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

Type
    ISFP
    Since I've quit drinking and smoking cigs I've been getting cold easily which is weird considering I'm usually sweating in any temp greater than 76

Also I've noticed that I haven't eaten all day and didnt realize it til now at 10pm. I've been up since 5am. Very unusual for me to not eat and forget about it completely. I have had about 2 liters of soda todah though

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    My cousin asked me to go to Benidorm with her... Is there a polite way to tell her that I'd rather hang myself than go to the sort of places she likes to go?

Same with my mates & Blackpool... If I have to go up that end of the country, it would only be for the Lake District.

Honestly, people are insufferable.
    I just lie and tell everyone I'm working constantly
    I hate going places

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    I just lie and tell everyone I'm working constantly
    I hate going places
    Everyone knows I'm off work with the baby

Had a horrible week. My cousin keeps turning up uninvited and making herself my problem.

This week she turned up at mine (several times), my mom's and my mates. Turned up at my mates earlier asking if there was food & drink... This was after I'd already taken her out today for drinks & lunch.

She's the biggest mooch in history and apparently has no shame, or at least a real warped sense of it.

Then she keeps trying to be overly nice. The other day, after hanging around for 6 hours (when all I wanted was to be alone) she asked if I needed help with anything, like house work or whatever.

No, I just want to be left alone.

Then she called me another 6 times that night, I ended up ignoring the phone. She was the first thing to wake me up in the morning and the last thing to bug me before bed.

And now she's taken to following me everywhere. Like, what?! The fuck do I do?!

How can you politely tell somebody they need to stop being a mooch, and stop harassing you? And I've had to listen to her bitching about her mate all day because they made plans to go to a carnival together, then my cousin flaked regarding which location she wanted to go to.

Her friend is annoyed because it's just the latest in a string of let downs, my cousin not holding up her end of various deals.

All my cousins got to say is "my feelings come first".

Ugh, please go get a life, because I can't deal with her turning up here like she's got an open invite all the time.

As she hasn't had a steady boyfriend.. in forever, she apparently doesn't grasp that 3s a crowd.

Of course if I actually say any of this to her she's start having a hissy-fit about her "feelings"

Type
    ISFP
    God. That sounds miserable. Is she young?