Page 725 of 727 FirstFirst ... 225625675715723724725726727 LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,250 of 7270

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    IXTP
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    the landlord didn't pay the trash company this month and our back yard is filling up with trash bags filled with diapers filled with shit.

Your life is like a simpsons episode.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Dammit. Lightning strike destroyed the modem, and wiped out all the Ethernet ports that were in use on the router and all but one of the wifi bands. It did not harm any of the equipment that was plugged into the router. I have my new modem in and it works fine (you would not believe the crap one must go through to get routed to the proper place for giving cox the new serial and mac for the new modem...holy crap). Surviving on one wifi band and 2 ethernet ports for now (#firstworldproblem). Have acquired new router. Will set it up tomorrow.

Have coax surge protector on the way.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Bait and switch:

MIL: We will be in New Orleans next friday. Want to meet us for dinner.
    us: Sure.
    MIL: sends email today with instructions. Will be 19 people there (who we do not know), 3 tables are reserved, seating times staggered by 15 minutes, socializing at bar during staggers, dress code, jacket and tie for guys, guess women are supposed to know what that means for them.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post

Your life is like a simpsons episode.
    In an alt timeline where he's being temporarily possessed by Frank Grimes.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

Type
    INTP
    I don't know what it is with some extroverts who think everyone wants their face captured on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    In an alt timeline where he's being temporarily possessed by Frank Grimes.

Well maybe a bit, but I'm luckier than that...

Well I graduated and I gotta say I hate capitalism now more than ever. Since communism doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon I think I'm just going to study IT certificates until I get a job where I get treated like a human. An associates would have been nice but I am going to go on a shotgun rampage if I ever have to set foot in a classroom again.

Type
    IXTP
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    Since communism doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon I think I'm just going to study IT certificates

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Have I got an image for you

Type
    intp
    Oh crap. According to a 2017 Lowy Institute Poll, we're apparently now Australia's best friend...

In the poll, released on Wednesday, the US wasn't just toppled as Australia's playground buddy, it was thrown out of the sandpit.

Fifty-three per cent of Australians considered Kiwis their best friends, up 21 per cent since 2014.

That's forced a nosedive for the US who went from top spot on 34 per cent in 2014 to be second-equal with the UK on 17.