Page 958 of 964 FirstFirst ... 458858908948956957958959960 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,580 of 9636

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Got my first stretch mark

My belly button's been stretched to fuck, and my belly button piercing scar is suffering the brunt of it.
    Now there's an unmistakable half an inch rip

Why on earth did I ever get my belly button pierced.
    Stupid 15yo me.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INFP
    I was going to visit the library but someone was murdered there.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    I was going to visit the library but someone was murdered there.
    This kept me from doing some (more) squats in October:

https://ktla.com/2018/10/29/officer-...ollywood-lapd/

Oh and today I saw a couple roidragers almost beat the shit out of each other.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    This kept me from doing some (more) squats in October:

https://ktla.com/2018/10/29/officer-...ollywood-lapd/

Oh and today I saw a couple roidragers almost beat the shit out of each other.
    Can't wait to argue about the additional late fee I'll incur because the drop box was taped off. Victim was a 40 y/o woman and the shooter is at large. Hollywood 24 Hour Fitness sounds like specimen central. Not that we don't admire your diligent rep-reportage but some character sketches would also be appreciated.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    xNxx
    some character sketches
    today was probably inevitable. let's meet our fighters!

Pit Bill: african-american man in his late 40s, head shaped roughly like an american pitbull's. He's always walking briskly through the gym and tries to make eye contact with many many people in a confrontational manner, including yours meekly. He's moderately strong but absolutely fucking terrifying to me in the vibe department. I've been trying to figure out from afar what's going on under the hood for the past year. He reminds me Peter Sarsgaard in Boys Don't Cry, some shades of repression under there, but far more scared and defensive (again like a pitbull in an animal shelter)- not a good fit for big gay hollywood 24 hr fitness, where a baffling variety of muscled lotharios cavort overlooking one of the great old movie houses.

BRO: This guy is a piece of work in his own way. He's caucasian to the point of being slightly red, muscled up to high fucking heaven, probably in his mid 30s, covered apparently with tribal tattoos. He maintains a kickboxer training-montagelike intensity, shadowboxing in between sets. He's pretty fast, too. I would not want to fight him (or anyone else, but enough about me). He wears those terrible spaghetti strap muscle shirts and tightly cropped facial hair including a toilet-bowl lid mustache/goatee combo, offset by a trucker hat. Quite possibly a homosexual (a safe bet for the gym), which came to light in the incident today.

First off I hear the resonant rasp of Pit Bill's voice. He doesn't sound happy. I've heard him speak before, and he always sounds pretty pissed off but I can tell this is going to continue. I hear BRO say "I'm not anywhere near you". More words are said, until I hear "FAGGOT" come out of Pit Bill's mouth, followed by "We can take this outside any time" and then "You're fucking kickboxing and shit near me" Another patron on the incline bench press says something to the effect of how particularly offensive the first statement was, and Pit Bill responds with "[muffled muffled muffled] stick together! you wetback [muffled muffled muffled]"

By this time I'm trying to find an employee, because for fucks sake I don't want to see these guys murder each other. Not much happens beyond that. BRO leaves after saying "I'm not going outside with you" and that seems to diffuse it. Several gym employees go around investigating what happened, and then finally confront Pit Bill. I think I overhear that he's a veteran? He seems to gain some diction points when interacting with the authorities. I pack up and leave, and see a couple security personnel moseying towards the gym on the way out.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    today was probably inevitable. let's meet our fighters!
    Thank you!

Have an excerpt from your gym's Yelp reviews

Also the weirdo at the dry sauna has to go, please. He makes both women and men very uncomfortable acting like he is manifesting demons or some kinda vudu, which I don't judge but this is not his private sauna, not to mention he splashes sweat all over the place and so nobody can seat next to him. Several of us keep complaining with the manager, I even called the Corporate office but nothing. One time he waited for me outside trying to intimidate me calling me a snitch.

Type
    xNxx
    Have an excerpt from your gym's Yelp reviews
    dear god I would not go into the sauna there for a hundred dollars. maybe 200

My doublejointedness has gotten so bad that I'm dislocating my right shoulder in my sleep from the weight of my arm pulling down. It's excruciating. I've woken up 3 nights in a row just breathing through it trying to find some position for my arm so that I can stand the pain well enough to go back to sleep. I've ordered a shoulder brace to try to keep me glued together at night, but this is ridiculous. I'm falling apart. Like actually falling apart. It's as if I'm a zombie past her shelf life or something.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

They gave me and the black girl the desks next to the toilet on the potemkin village management floor. The other dozen new temps get to go downstairs with full cubicle walls and adequate heating. Mother FUCK

Type
    INFP
    I was looking for something in my Amazon purchases and noticed I bought a daily planner back in January