Page 975 of 975 FirstFirst ... 475875925965973974975
Results 9,741 to 9,742 of 9742

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    An Egyptian Ambassador to Ukraine assured me he was unlikely to be given customs fees for shipping an item, and insisted that I curtail Ebay's Gobal Shipping Program. Since the item is a sterling silver and gold fountain pen with a gemstone, it would also require special requirements for customs declaration (or at least anything with those materials are prohibited,) and he also insisted it be shipped via Fedex which costs a minimum of $130-$200 and would still have the same requirements, and likely would still have customs declaration requirements, which implies that any failure to ship would likely require a full refund in addition to no prosecutorial risks against him (as he is "above the law".) I initially removed the auction upon hearing his request to not use the GSP process (which basically eliminates the option to use First Class International, and I still went to the USPS website to ship it using Priority International which only gives a slighly better tracking advantage.) I suspect his reassurance was not in my favor, and for whatever reason even in spite of him "not being required" to pay customs duties, insisted I lower the value of the item on declaration of it and be discreet on what it is.

Shameless Abuses Diplomatic Immunity

I'm an imbecile and I should have simply kept it from being listed again as I was close to cancelling it after he already paid.
    Last edited by Catoptric; Yesterday at 08:56 AM.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Fuck everything in the ass
    sideways!