Page 931 of 932 FirstFirst ... 431831881921929930931932 LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,310 of 9315

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Today I remembered to pay my car registration. It was due two days ago! Fuggggggg!! I was so happy I didn't have to deal with getting my car smogged this year. Got the notice earlier in the summer and though, oh, I've got plenty of time. Last week I even had that "I'm forgetting to do/pay something" feeling and I couldn't figure out what it was. I don't even know what prompted me to remember but all the sudden it hit me. I rushed to look at the sheet just hoping against hope that the due day was the 12th or they'd have some grace period. Nope! What a stupid $21 mistake! It would've been one thing not to have the money and not be able to pay but even like in my poor broke college years I'd always be able to pay or at least charge it.

I'm glad I found out now and not have some police officer tell me later. I still find it odd that it's due on a specific day and not the end of the month. You look at the tag and think you're fine but no, you're guilty and it's only a matter of time and chance before someone else finds out you're guilty. Half the time I get the new sticker after the day of my expiration so I keep a copy of the receipt with me in case questioned. I could still see being hassled about it. "Expired registration, fine for that."
    'Yeah, but I did pay. See.'
    "But you still went 36 hours without it. We also have it on good authority that you pirated HBO your first year living outside of the dorms. You can do community service for that but you have to pay a $500 registration fee."
    'I have to pay to do community service?!'
    "You have to pay for the orange bags, vest and hardhat."
    'Daaaang! You guys are ruthless.'

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Today I remembered to pay my car registration. It was due two days ago! Fuggggggg!! I was so happy I didn't have to deal with getting my car smogged this year. Got the notice earlier in the summer and though, oh, I've got plenty of time. Last week I even had that "I'm forgetting to do/pay something" feeling and I couldn't figure out what it was. I don't even know what prompted me to remember but all the sudden it hit me. I rushed to look at the sheet just hoping against hope that the due day was the 12th or they'd have some grace period. Nope! What a stupid $21 mistake! It would've been one thing not to have the money and not be able to pay but even like in my poor broke college years I'd always be able to pay or at least charge it.

I'm glad I found out now and not have some police officer tell me later. I still find it odd that it's due on a specific day and not the end of the month. You look at the tag and think you're fine but no, you're guilty and it's only a matter of time and chance before someone else finds out you're guilty. Half the time I get the new sticker after the day of my expiration so I keep a copy of the receipt with me in case questioned. I could still see being hassled about it. "Expired registration, fine for that."
    "But you still went 36 hours without it. We also have it on good authority that you pirated HBO your first year living outside of the dorms. You can do community service for that but you have to pay a $500 registration fee."
    That is odd. Silly Californians.

My sister moved to a different state, never switched license plates or updated her registration. Then brought it to a dealership to trade in 3-4 years later, scot-free. Hardened criminal, that one.

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post

If you have AAA you can pay your registration and get your tags right there.

Type
    intp
    Fucking blacked out last night and I didn't even drink that much. I was going on a walk with my gf! Before, I guess I had 3 (regular strength) beers, a glass of wine, and half a pint of gin (and some vermouth). On the walk I bought half a pint of vodka but didn't even finish it. Then we went to a bar and I got a gin and tonic, and for some reason the bartender gave me a Session lager even though I didn't order one. I hope that was free although I have no idea because I didn't count my change and didn't ask how much the g&t was.

Anyway apparently I blacked out after the bar. Have no memory of going to bed at all. Fucking Colorado, man. It's the altitude, but the thing is that I'm not adapting to it. I just get drunk at the drop of a hat now, which is terrible because I love drinking.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    That is odd. Silly Californians.

My sister moved to a different state, never switched license plates or updated her registration. Then brought it to a dealership to trade in 3-4 years later, scot-free. Hardened criminal, that one.
    I failed to register my car for years when I moved to NC. You can get away with it there. Here, our insurance company kept bugging me to register my car. In CA, they'll pull over anyone with an out of state license plate for made up reasons so they can also ticket you for not registering your car. They give you 10 days once you move into the state. Fuck California. Fuck that fucking state, I hope it falls into the ocean.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I failed to register my car for years when I moved to NC. You can get away with it there. Here, our insurance company kept bugging me to register my car. In CA, they'll pull over anyone with an out of state license plate for made up reasons so they can also ticket you for not registering your car. They give you 10 days once you move into the state. Fuck California. Fuck that fucking state, I hope it falls into the ocean.
    The whole state is on fire, plummeting it into the ocean may be an improvement in conditions.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    it’s past 9am and i want (possibly need) caffeine

this is how i self-medicate i guess

i desperately need to focus. focus

but i have a million thoughts to navigate
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    FFS.. was dreaming about ugly dudes and ugly food, proper deep sleep but then who's fucking loud ass voice wakes me up? Fuckin Gobshite Jenny's

There is no need to talk as loud as she does. If I was stronger and it was more socially acceptable I would hog tie that bitch and stick her with a cattle brand.. thefucking cow bag.

She's found out she's pregnant by Mr Italian, but they've apparently broke up and she's already dating somebody else - the fuckin whore bag.

Said she would have to be a "social mom" (on government benefits) as she doesn't have an actual job, she just lives rent free and makes her money from me, Seb & University bursaries.

Fucking pretend middle class whore.

I hope she gets so ill with morning sickness, she fucking deserves it for being one of the most annoying fucks on the planet.
    Last edited by Sinny; Yesterday at 06:23 PM.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    https://youtu.be/PLMSoD1riE0

Listening to them talk makes me want to punch a small puppy, esp the woman
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/