Page 949 of 959 FirstFirst ... 449849899939947948949950951 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,490 of 9588

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    All I see is rhetoric and opinion.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    xNxx
    Go to sleep, wolfles!

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Go to sleep, wolfles!
    I find plain woofles a little ruff. They're not arful, but if you drench them with howlandaise or spread some awooooli on 'em, you get a way better barkfest.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    I bought stock in Magnegas, a penny stock (that wasn't a penny stock at over $300 a few years ago) that is wiped out in a shell company "game," and currently hovering around $.30 (I bought it at $.315 and it's dropped to $.25.) I assumed it was making legitimate progress with getting into a European business deal, however it sounds like the same nonsense when they apparently first started it.

Incidentally one of the people mentioned involved in starting the company is a small-time actor:

He might just be making really bad career moves (and is an incompetent business Manager?), because the most recent post on his Youtube account shows him in some obscure US Armenia drama series:

The story doesn't get better I suspect:
    MagneGas (MNGA): Insider Enrichment And Paid Stock Promotion; -92.9% Downside – Pump Stopper

If I were to sell now I would only be down $50 (I bought 800 shares for $250)

EDIT: Incidentally I was a little slow to realize that the inventor of the Santilli Telescope is the very same one behind Magnegas:

This guy was sued for describing the Santilli Telescope. . .

Rant 10/18/18: I had Endocyte (EYCT) on my watch list and through the night it received a $2 billion buyout, bringing it up $8+. I didn't buy it of course, though I do find it kind of interesting; that just like Geron being turned away from JNJ, this company had fallout out with Merck and immediately had a buyout with Novartis. Imetelstat could prove rather favorable even if Geron is a one-trick pony. Novartis has a lot invested in Arrowhead which appears to be the most promising to get involved in, and it would seem if a company shows strong promise it would get similar response to a failed partnership such as GERN and JNJ.

Some articles on Geron and Imetelstat (some which seem promising in theory though currently a lot of kinks haven't been ironed out and the product looks like a shit show.)

Geron presents….IMETELSTAT at ASH (American Society of Hematology)
    - Basically It's been found that blood is the best way to administer imetelstat sodium compounds to inhibit telomerase enzyme activity (telomerase allows for growth of telomeres that are mostly active in cancer and stem cells, and not other cells. It appears to cause extreme stomach upset which I suspect is a result of such telomeres not being able to regrow new cells that the body needs to function properly.)

Thinking imetelstat? Think again.

Betting the farm on imetelstat

Some of these are very old news (2014,) and the Nobel prize Doctor that created it walked away from it, as well as Executive selling shares. People that have left claim the data is overstated and overly optimistic, when it shouldn't be (showing increase of symptoms and cancers above the norm, etc.)

I'm still debating whether I should just wait for it to blip again and then sell it, even if it's at a loss; or if I should surprise myself and perhaps discover the company was bought out.

The ASH conference may bring forth such an opportunity and it's this month. October is notoriously a bad month for stock trading (it was the month that the panic of 1929 happened, and is historically always bad.)
    Last edited by Catoptric; 10-18-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Type
    intp
    Shit; I just realised I'll be driving out of Wellington this Friday afternoon right before a long weekend... crappy drive just got crappier.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE MUSHROOMS ARE GROWING

edit: supposed to be a rave, oops
    Cut out all these exclamation points. An exclamation point is like laughing at your own joke.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE MUSHROOMS ARE GROWING

edit: supposed to be a rave, oops
    it's a furious rave
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    it's a furious rave
    i’m mad this is so cool
    Cut out all these exclamation points. An exclamation point is like laughing at your own joke.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i forgot to eat all day and now i just ate and am bloating the fuck up

Type
    INTP
    I'm quite pissed off, but I don't know why. Actually, I can think of many reasons why.

Spose I'm hungry and tired (after travelling), sleep now, Full English later.. before it's back to work.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)