Page 825 of 825 FirstFirst ... 325725775815823824825
Results 8,241 to 8,247 of 8247

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    It turns out there was an armed police officer on campus when this latest school shooting happened. He did nothing during the shooting. What a piece of shit. Lucky for him and the FBI everybody is hell-bent on blaming the NRA.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    It turns out there was an armed police officer on campus when this latest school shooting happened. He did nothing during the shooting. What a piece of shit. Lucky for him and the FBI everybody is hell-bent on blaming the NRA.
    He was on his walkie talkie or phone. I want to know if he discussed why he's not going in. So far I just heard comments from someone who saw the video.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    This stupid HR person scheduled my interview for the day it was due to snow. I rescheduled and it was fine until it snowed again on the day she rescheduled to. I rescheduled a second time and she was all "Thanks we'll give you a new time soon". I've been waiting in suspense all day wondering if they're all as fuck-offy as I am or if I fucked up by looking too fickle. I don't like this "come in even if it's snowing" mentality. It hardly snows here and it throws the entire city into pandemonium.

She was working from home today so either she holds me to a higher standard or she's too busy having a 4 day weekend. Too paranoid to be able to tell.

Why, God?
    Well they fucked me over. Maybe I fucked myself over. I guess I could have gone, it was only bad in spots... like the uphill curved freeway I would have had to drive on to get there... but they must have been looking for someone with no self respect. I mean they're always looking for that. I got pissed and sour grapesed all over the HR lady but that's a petty form of revenge. Probably a shitty place to work but they're ALL shitty places to work when you're a fuck offy millennial without a ton of experience or commitment.

My wife meanwhile got a salaried job because her interviewer was wise and kind enough to schedule for when everything melted and interview much closer by. Until her parents get here, if they get here, hello Mr. Mom. It's almost nice except my daughter is a bit of a cunt. Hopefully weed will bridge the gap like it always has. It always does. Nothing has changed at all except the size of her paycheck. I wonder when or if I'll live like an actual human and if it will be any better. It always feels like I designed this kind of life for myself out of laziness but I'm really just a predictable pawn in a deterministic world.

Type
    INTP
    Every single time I buy something on ebay I have a bad experience. Never again, I don't care what the price is. This time it was a "brand new" phone that arrived with scratches on the display. Fucking waste of my time, I had better get 100% of my money back.

Gassy ~ A 'torm is brew'n Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Leadership Incompetence: The Cause of Africa's Woes

Reasons of Poverty in Africa and Solutions

Basically corruption in aid ($500 billion was handed out to African countries that ended up being used for projects--or filling pockets--that did absolutely nothing to resolve the existing issues,) and the lessons from history are that much of these issues stem from despots and incompetent leadership that haven't yet been kicked to the curb. A big issue is no real social engineering program is in place, and what has emerged is mostly private industry taking the place of what should be provided by the governments. If you look at satellite images it's also very obvious that some of these areas are run like shanty towns (perhaps think of Brazil's infamous favela in Rio de Janeiro called Rocinha, where basically streets are little apparent and only the locals know how to navigate them which basically is why crime is so huge in Rocinha, because the Police are unable to really intervene.)

If industry is prevented from existing (per se the governments decided to buy up all land in an area deemed economically important) and wanted to repurpose it for industry such as farming, they should be able to help resolve those issues. If a big issue exists with unwanted or unsustainable families then they should educate and provide education and supplies to curb "unwanted" populations. If education is limited, a funding assistance could be provided to try and nurture private care programs designed to assist, instead of ensuring vulnerable circumstances developed.

Type
    ISFP
    i just started watching this movie called Jungle with Daniel Radcliffe and it is about some fucking backpackers in los andes, southamerica, the beggining is disgusting, in 5 minutes they reflect every damn stereotype about 1st world rich backpackers, they do ayahuasca, they are bisexual,lost poets and lovers in the woods. GODFUCKING DAMN SAVE ME GOD.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    i just started watching this movie called Jungle with Daniel Radcliffe and it is about some fucking backpackers in los andes, southamerica, the beggining is disgusting, in 5 minutes they reflect every damn stereotype about 1st world rich backpackers, they do ayahuasca, they are bisexual,lost poets and lovers in the woods. GODFUCKING DAMN SAVE ME GOD.
    Dude, bisexual melancholic poets are the only first world tupes who go backpacking in South America and the only reason they go at all is to try ayahuasca. It is known.
    I don't know everything I know, let alone everything I don't.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)