Page 816 of 958 FirstFirst ... 316716766806814815816817818826866916 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,160 of 9578

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Animals View Post
    I haven't seen you celebrating sweatshops, and i sure hope not to see you celebrating them. But in the previous tweet you were celebrating the meat industry. I understand eating meat, i eat meat, but celebrating this immoral and enviromentally disastrous industry is unjustifiable.
    If you think it's so immoral why do you eat meat? It's very easy to go without. That just makes you seem really hypocritical, especially when you're so quick to harshly judge others.

Type
    Xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    If you think it's so immoral why do you eat meat? It's very easy to go without. That just makes you seem really hypocritical, especially when you're so quick to harshly judge others.
    I'm not judging since i admit to eating meat. I thought this was obvious. I don't think eating meat is immoral or even that slaughtering animals is immoral, but industrialized animal cruelty is immoral. Almost all industrial animal farms are morally repugnant and that's what i oppose.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Animals View Post
    I haven't seen you celebrating sweatshops, and i sure hope not to see you celebrating them. But in the previous tweet you were celebrating the meat industry. I understand eating meat, i eat meat, but celebrating this immoral and enviromentally disastrous industry is unjustifiable.
    What tweet? I'm not on Twitter.

I never celebrated the meat industry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Sharing a bed is all fun a games until some unconscious, snoring, groping, meat suit rolls over to your side of the bed and wraps it's tentacles around you.. especially when you've already advised them against doing that.

Off to smoke I go... At least it's starting to rain again.
    Last edited by Sinny; 01-15-2018 at 02:39 AM.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Sharing a bed is all fun a games until some unconscious, snoring, groping, meat suit rolls over to your side of the bed and wraps it's tentacles around you.. especially when you've already advised them against doing that.

All fun and games until you realize that meat suit is a CIA agent who has been looking into your antigovernment agenda. They have probably bugged your home.

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    I've been doing cold showers nearly every day for a good half a year now.

I'm still terrified to turn on that cold tap every time I get into the shower. Every. Damn. Time.

I can't wait until winter so I can up the ante.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    xNxx
    They're great in winter (as much as our 2 weeks of 50 degree weather is "winter" in LA) because they make you feel warm when you get out. I think all the blood flows to your capillaries or something.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post

I'm still terrified to turn on that cold tap every time I get into the shower. Every. Damn. Time.

I have been skipping the showers... To be honest, our fucking toilet seats are cold enough!

@rincon, lul, wouldn't surprise me if that happened one of the days.. but rather Special Branch than CIA.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Banned
    Type
    INTP

I told you before - just hit me if I do that. I'll probably move.
    Or just disentangle yourself and stuff a pillow in there. That works, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post

I have been skipping the showers... To be honest, our fucking toilet seats are cold enough!
    I've been taking the Omega 3 fish oils and I think it's had some positive effect. Maybe placebo, who knows. But I've heard of the benefits to the brain of taking them before, so it can't be a bad thing.
    I have to admit - I haven't been doing the cold showers. I have to scrape the ice off my car in the morning and that's enough of a cold shock.

@rincon, lul, wouldn't surprise me if that happened one of the days.. but rather Special Branch than CIA.

(Adopts smooth secret agent pose)
    Last edited by Revenant; 01-15-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Day 1 of weaning myself off the copious amounts of chocolate I've been consuming over the past month. Might consider putting up a "Beware of Dog" sign at my desk at work.