Page 848 of 854 FirstFirst ... 348748798838846847848849850 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 8539

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    I am getting increasingly annoyed with YouTube, like to the point of boycotting the site. Why? For years now, I had it so that my YouTube homepage was blank. No fucktarded "recommendations" cluttering up the screen. Just the logo, the search bar across the top, the navbar down the left and glorious blank nothing on the page otherwise. I subscribe to nobody, I care not for any recommendations, I leave no comments, I do nothing but search for what I want, and I watch what I search for. Done. However, over the past month or so, every time I go to YouTube, it has a new shitspray of bullshit recommendations all over the fucking homepage. I click the Xs to make them begone, but each time another fucking set of weeds sprouts up, as such.

I. care. not. for. your. stupid. fucking. recommendations. STOP IT.
    Doesn't Adblock have a feature with which you can zap entire sections of a page? Or does that not work because the links are dynamic?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Place the rest of the coffee in a different container, store it in your room. Fill the empty instant coffee jar with dirt. Wait.
    I like where you're coming from. But I'm slightly more evil and mere dirt is too passive aggressive. I agree a measure of passive aggression is necessary as there is no way to directly confront an unknown perp or perps, but dirt isn't water soluble.

Decaf instant coffee is.

You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Doesn't Adblock have a feature with which you can zap entire sections of a page? Or does that not work because the links are dynamic?
    Blocking any/all of the hosting element(s) involved also blocks search results

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    Tired of the filthy rich Lithuanian assholes brandishing guns while out of their minds on drugs in Los Angeles. I spent the day moving to Altadena ... It almost sickens me how accustomed to the San Gabriel Valley I've become

Type
    intp
    Place the rest of the coffee in a different container, store it in your room. Fill the empty instant coffee jar with dirt. Wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I like where you're coming from. But I'm slightly more evil and mere dirt is too passive aggressive. I agree a measure of passive aggression is necessary as there is no way to directly confront an unknown perp or perps, but dirt isn't water soluble.

Decaf instant coffee is.

I was really tempted to do the dirt thing, just for some lols. But I thought that might make me look a bit mental. Then I thought maybe I could replace it with crystallised semen, but that might be even more mental.

I put the coffee behind some other stuff, as a subtle suggestion to him to fuck off, and when I came home from work today he's fucking used it again. Absolute fucking cunt.

So I just sent him a message. "Hey. Have you been using my instant coffee? Can you not?" I don't know, maybe that's passive aggressive? Or maybe it's the exact opposite because I'm directly telling him to cut out his shit. Am I supposed to sit by while people fuck me about like this?

He's also the guy who once sent me an sms saying I left half a bit of ravioli in the sink and can I not do that, because it really annoys him. For real. So fuck it.

Moral of the story: fuck living in share houses. I'm too old for this.

No Thank You
    Type
    INFP
    The following Life Hack that I invented does not work!

My nose seemed to be irrevocably clogged. Pressure changes didn't help. Steam didn't help. So in desperation I opened a jar of jalepenos and rapidly ate about half of them. My nose improved but my tongue was in dire pain so I drank several glasses of milk to sooth it. Subsequently I got a stomach ache.

So don't do that. Look for alternative solutions.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Blorg View Post
    The following Life Hack that I invented does not work!

My nose seemed to be irrevocably clogged. Pressure changes didn't help. Steam didn't help. So in desperation I opened a jar of jalepenos and rapidly ate about half of them. My nose improved but my tongue was in dire pain so I drank several glasses of milk to sooth it. Subsequently I got a stomach ache.

So don't do that. Look for alternative solutions.
    Clogged from an allergy or a cold? If the latter, any medication with a decent dose of pseudoephedrine in it will unblock your nose within half an hour. In the Czech Republic, you'll likely need a description for it, but you can buy a cold medicine named WICK DayMed from an Austrian online pharmacy and they'll likely ship it to you, anyway. Among musicians it's the secret weapon if you need to get on stage despite a raging cold, because it effectively suppresses all symptoms.

sick of getting called to fake interviews. they need to change the law back to where if they've already filled internally, or are going to, not to even interview any external candidates

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    sick of getting called to fake interviews. they need to change the law back to where if they've already filled internally, or are going to, not to even interview any external candidates
    YES!!!!!

As a person who may have to job search soon, this is my pet peeve. I remember going on an interview lined up by the business's HR department, having a good interview with that supervisor, and then get that handshake and the guy mentions the fact that there are several internal candidates that they are interviewing as well. It's code for "hey you seem great but we already know who we're going to hire so don't take it personally when we don't contact you again." How about we both don't waste our time then.

Type
    INTJ
    YES!!!!!

As a person who may have to job search soon, this is my pet peeve. I remember going on an interview lined up by the business's HR department, having a good interview with that supervisor, and then get that handshake and the guy mentions the fact that there are several internal candidates that they are interviewing as well. It's code for "hey you seem great but we already know who we're going to hire so don't take it personally when we don't contact you again." How about we both don't waste our time then.
    I don't understand. If they already have enough candidates, why are they inviting people in? HR people are a lazy bunch. Why would they go to the extra trouble of inviting people in that they don't need?

So many questions. The only logical explanation seems to be that they are waiting for someone to blow them out of the water... which, given the ridiculous requirements for almost any job ever advertised, is unlikely to ever happen.