Page 964 of 964 FirstFirst ... 464864914954962963964
Results 9,631 to 9,636 of 9636

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    it looks like the water bubble on my ceiling is about to pop any second.

it just keeps. dripping. drip. drip. drip. no sleep since 4am. and it’s splashing UP. inches away from my books and records.

ughhhhhh.
    Don’t pop it, it’s full of spiders. waterborn spiders?

Nobody cares if I leave an hour and a half early from my nearly ex job. Still get approved for 40 hours pay.

I wonder if they'll notice if I leave 3 hours early after finishing everything. I wonder where the line is, if there's a line at all, or where it would be if someone was forced into drawing one.

I wonder what it would take to force their hand if the only ones in trouble are the ones who stupidly admit to not showing up, denying the temp agency their cut. I wonder if I could just beep my card, fill in my timesheet, and leave. Hmm.

Isn't it interesting how these things grow from taking one little inch. If you ask, advertise or get caught (how?) It all comes crashing down. If you act normal, a cheap C note every day.

Until you fuck up, and you won't find out until you've already pissed off chairman mao.

My life is a game of Mao. This could all be instantly fixed with a trap door in my cubicle, or a functional fire exit, or a flat building with a back door, work from home, self employment, a trust fund... aw fuck it.
    Last edited by flurps; 02-14-2019 at 09:57 PM.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    Don’t pop it, it’s full of spiders. waterborn spiders?
    it pretty much looks like a huge white zit on my ceiling. haha

well, it stopped dripping... for now. i think it's permanent water damage though.
    it's weird but fascinating.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    it pretty much looks like a huge white zit on my ceiling. haha

well, it stopped dripping... for now. i think it's permanent water damage though.
    If you're renting... tell landlord right away. If you're not, spot the bad shingle and duck-tape a tarp or something over it until you have time to get it fixed! Otherwise... money and mold... flying everywhere!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    If you're renting... tell landlord right away. If you're not, spot the bad shingle and duck-tape a tarp or something over it until you have time to get it fixed! Otherwise... money and mold... flying everywhere!!
    yeah, i'm getting some help with this, i don't really know how to properly fix this. i really hope it doesn't get moldy... eugh.
    it's weird but fascinating.

Type
    INTP
    Just had a new sink installed in the kitchen... thanks to one tiny crack, had to replace the whole thing

Also had to buy new taps because these ones had rotted beneath.

Had to deal with it, otherwise we'd be replacing half a kitchen with water damage.

Managed to get a 300 sink at the bargain price of 40 - thanks to warehouse shopping.
    Taps were an unexpected 40.

Labour was free because Rev's brother in law is a plumber (handy)... He done an almost competent job, but managed to put the taps on the wrong way round, so now my cold tap is red and my hot tap is blue... How fucking annoying.

Was going to mention it to him, but he said "I swapped the taps around because they were wrong before" - but they weren't wrong, his swapping them round was wrong

All of that could have been avoided if Rev had just ordered in the correct plastic adhesive when I asked him to (he didn't, he bodged it, so it since cracked open more)... Last time I ever leave a DIY task down to him. I could have DIYed it myself and potentially have avoided all that.

Of course, I caused the initial small crack, so I guess I only have myself to blame.
    I should go fuck myself.

I'm grateful for the free labour - but these taps are going to perpetually set off my OCD.
    Bugs me more than I can express.

Grr.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)