Page 1067 of 1070 FirstFirst ... 675679671017105710651066106710681069 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,670 of 10696

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    These fundraiser companies selling this crap shouldn't be part of the equation. There is nothing wrong with kids raising money for extracurricular fun stuff, but have a bake sale or a car wash or something. Show a bare minimum of entrepreneurial spirit instead of just buying the prepackaged off-the-shelf solution as always. Or just ask for cash. I'd much rather contribute directly to your band trip or whatever than give money to a third party that preys on kids via lazy/overworked administrators.
    Yeah, I'd much rather do a bake sale type of thing where I could donate my time/supplies and try to sell the baked goods for a reasonable price. People might actually want to buy that.

The little one has a butter braid fundraiser. I feel like we pay enough in tuition; I have no idea what these funds go to, but whatever. They're yummy but fucking 18$ for a largish pastry is highway robbery because now the middle man needs to get paid too. Maybe it makes sense for the movers and shakers who have no issue asking others in their life to do this, but I feel like it's akin to begging. Why would anyone else want to pay charity prices for an amorphous goal of just contributing to my kid's school, when I myself find it a bit appalling.

Type
    eNTP
    It feels akin to begging because it is begging, using children as props.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    For years I bought wrapping paper only from school fundraisers. It only stopped when rhinosaur moved in. He would just get it at Target.
    I have also bought magazines and nuts, and once I got some pizzas.
    When you're single and living the downtown lifestyle on an engineer's salary, and there are no grocery stores or Walmart near you, $6 for about 3sq ft of really pretty wrapping paper that will be brought to your desk at work seems like not that bad of a value proposition. Too bad kids don't sell door to door anymore.

Type
    INTP
    Woke up to a nice bout of anxiety.... Mistakenly paid for my concert tickets twice, and now I need to ask the seller for a refund, which I already did once and she said she didn't know how.... Ugh, more interaction.

Also ordered my online (food) shopping to be collected at the wrong time because I got my days of the week wrong (spent all day yesterday thinking it was Friday rather than Thursday). Ugh, more interaction.

Went to paint my bathroom yesterday (now all the DIY has been done) to discover the paint is missing... Is it just missing, or did Rev fail to buy it the day he was supposed to? Unsure (and so's he), but I'm pissed off about it. Was looking forward to having the bathroom finished today... And instead it won't be.

Up early with the baby because Rev was breathing too loud... yes, breathing too loud.

Ugh. Sometimes I hate being me... Okay, a lot of the time I hate being me.

At least my baby is smiling.... But it takes so much energy entertaining her alllllll day & night... Feel like I landed a job in day care... Which I suppose I did, lol.
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.

Type
    ISFP
    Re: breathing too loud

My parents have been together many decades, and I often wonder how they made it so far. But I think I have an idea. They're both introverted. They've slept in separate rooms for as long as I can remember. My mom is an artist/musician and when you look in her bedroom, there are peach colored walls paired with fluffy pink rugs, her art hanging on those walls, and a beautiful white bedspread that looks like a wedding dress and lacy white curtains. My dad, idk what his job title is exactly but he does something with roads/signs/public safety, and when you look in his bedroom, everything is stacked up perfectly, and his clothes are folded like a department store. He's got a grey comforter, white walls, only white horizontal blinds, and zero decor. He has tons of shoes of the same brand and style which he "rotates." He goes to bed at like 8pm and wakes up at 4a, whereas my mom goes to sleep at midnight and wakes up at like 10am. It makes sense

Anyway, the moral of the story is that my parents sleep in separate rooms that look how they want it to look because they would rather do that than hear each other snore or be consumed by each other's stuff.

There's also the couch. Couch is a good home away from home

Type
    INTP
    This is what Rev text me after he left the house;

"Sorry about the breathing. If I could get a plastic surgeon to sort it out so I could breathe normally, I would. It only takes it to be slightly blocked to be really blocked and I hate that it makes me sound like Darth Vader. I'll get some nasal strips to help it so I don't make so much noise."

Lol. The apology and absurd reason for the apology made me laugh.
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.

Type
    ISFP
    Dear Sinny,

Sorry for existing

Give that guy whatever the equivalent of flowers are for men

Type
    INFP
    sounds really passive-aggressive to me, lol. but I have a migraine so maybe that's why

edit: but if he actually gets nasal strips nvm. Keep us updated on the nasal strips news

Type
    INTP
    It was literally like being woken up by Darth Vader though...

I can't remember what he said happened to his nose (that's how attentive I am), I think it was broke years ago, now he sounds like a pig that's been hog tied.

Breathe through your mouth, moron!
    Lol.
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    Dear Sinny,

Sorry for existing

Give that guy whatever the equivalent of flowers are for men
    Actually, this is a great idea... I'm gonna start buying him flowers & chocolate, for being such a woman
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.