Page 1024 of 1031 FirstFirst ... 24524924974101410221023102410251026 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,240 of 10305

Thread: Little rants that don't deserve their own thread

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    Samsung. Cheap. Thrown on floor repeatedly by toddler.
    The flurps edition of
    "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    Just came across this Reddit: CPTSD poem about a Mom that never was, and never will be, and how it affects them and I really relate to it but specifically, latching on the idea that either parent could ever be one. . . If you were raised in such an environment and are expecting things to change, it will never come. . . You will always be deprived of any semblance of similitude to what you consider a normal parental experience but also, it becomes blatantly obvious that today's society sucks pretty badly, and those who don't suffer are often lacking in any depth or empathy towards human suffering; the hypocrites of ethics, pandering to a PC culture climate and virtue signaling without being real with resolve in assisting anyone other than that which benefits themselves and how they pretend to come across to others.

Edit: Along the same theme of the difference in trauma, from a war victim to a neglected child and its effect on C-PTSD
    Last edited by Catoptric; 08-21-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Type
    INtP
    We recently got a cat.

It is afraid of everything.

I literally have no idea where this cat is in my house. I think I spent twenty minutes looking for him.

He has a medication he has to take otherwise I'd just wait it out. Ugh.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    We recently got a cat.

It is afraid of everything.

I literally have no idea where this cat is in my house. I think I spent twenty minutes looking for him.

He has a medication he has to take otherwise I'd just wait it out. Ugh.
    That situation sounds like an episode of Friends. The cat has most likely found a weak spot in the wall, and you'll only ever know he exists by the sounds of him sprinting inside the walls during the middle of the night.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    That situation sounds like an episode of Friends. The cat has most likely found a weak spot in the wall, and you'll only ever know he exists by the sounds of him sprinting inside the walls during the middle of the night.
    My luck he is probably taking a dump somewhere in the ducts of my HVAC system right now. I don't know where the fuck else to look at this point.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    My luck he is probably taking a dump somewhere in the ducts of my HVAC system right now. I don't know where the fuck else to look at this point.
    Shake the dry food bag or tap the wet food tin can and watch him emerge from the couch cushions like some sort of recently awakened ancient creature hell bend on causing havoc.

Type
    INTP
    There's also the possibility it's not even in or near the house.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INFP
    One time I had a new cat claw it's way into a boxspring to hide.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    ISFP
    What's so special about birthdays? Seriously. Everyone has one and no one gives a shit.