Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you cook when you are lazy?

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Bookrose View Post
    Caramba Papi!
    It's true. I'm a saltine hound.
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INTP
    Cheese on toast with chutney and pickles.

Knakebrod with whatever kind of toppings I have on hand. Usually cheese or hummus or whatever.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I tried to cook something for like 3 hours and it came out all wrong. I feel like such a fucking failure, ugh. And I even have to eat this shit now.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    ^ Why dogs > cats.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INtP
    ^fact
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    ^ Why dogs > cats.
    It has too much pepper anyway. And I got it all over my face and my face is still burning. I hate everything right now.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I tried to cook something for like 3 hours and it came out all wrong. I feel like such a fucking failure, ugh. And I even have to eat this shit now.
    at least (i assume) you don't have to serve it to somebody and try to pass it off as OK. i can't even do that, and it's so traumatizing when they just push the dish away.
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly

OK, people. I am about to make sushi rice. Some for simple hand rolls now, some to be frozen. Assuming it doesn't get disgusting that way. I will report back!

Type
    INTP
    If you're making sushi rice, before you add vinegar take some rice and make Onigiri. They're pretty damn tasty and super simple to make. Onigiri are rice balls (or triangles) with a flavoring and a nori wrap for a handle. Personally I prefer to make Tuna Mayo onigiri(yes a traditional flavor) using Japanese Kewpie Mayo. I also sprinkle on a healthy dose of Furikake which is rice seasoning? I prefer the furikake which is small flakes of nori, sesame and katsuoboshi(bonito flakes). They're kind of like a japanese sandwich and they favor the flavor of the rice much more than sushi does.

I got into Onigiri in Hong Kong where they have them in wrappers at 7 Elleven, but the wrappers have an ingenious way of keeping the nori and rice separate until you open them which keeps the nori crisp. I mention that because it might have a bearing on your plan to premake hand rolls.

I probably wouldnt have mentioned this in this thread except for the fact the you are already making hand rolls and so you might have some of the odd ingredients already.

eyeing you rabbit warrior kitsune's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    a vast moor in the old world brimming with jackrabbits where three rivers decussate
    When lazy, I don't cook at all. I'll eat mueslix or a bag of nuts or a slice of cheese or raw bacon. If I have a tiny bit of energy, I'll eat cheese on Schwarzbrot or bake frozen croissants.

"
    'I cannot play with you,' the fox said. 'I am not tamed.'" - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Le Petit Prince (1943)

REMINDER TO SELF WHEN DEALING WITH THE RABBIT WARRIOR: "All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu,
    The Art of War