Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Internet as a Zoo for People Watching

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

The Internet as a Zoo for People Watching

Ever find someone, especially not someone well know, who is incredibly interesting?

Check out this guy:

3spm -- he's a former follower of Marshall Applewhite who decided to "return to his service" and now he's preaching about Heaven's Gate and their bizarre mythology. It's actually rather interesting stuff.

So as I understand it, this guy was a Heaven's Gate member who dropped out, the rest of them committed suicide and then he got a bout of nostalgia and created a YouTube channel. I bet he'd make an incredible interview.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

The one and only Ryan "the schiz" Merkle.
    Last edited by ferrus; 01-25-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

https://www.youtube.com/user/toiletdude7

sadly he has deleted his account but you know the way some people get WAY into trains or some other hobby? this guy was into toilets. he had uploaded numerous videos of different models of toilets flushing and so on and sometimes he'd narrate.
    this is a great loss.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    I've mentioned this dude before.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by last_caress View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/user/toiletdude7

sadly he has deleted his account but you know the way some people get WAY into trains or some other hobby? this guy was into toilets. he had uploaded numerous videos of different models of toilets flushing and so on and sometimes he'd narrate.
    this is a great loss.
    I'd like to know what happened to the original toiletdude and toiletdude[s]1-6. If they're all the same guy who deleted his account after a fit of embarrassment or something 8 times, then you can hope to see toiletdude8 pop up someday.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    I've mentioned this dude before.
    Okay, I'm into this guy's stuff. But for him and the other people posted, who are they and how did you come across their material?
    @ferrus, I do recognize Merkle but for people who don't know, who is he and how did you meet him?

Having spent a lot of time in Southwest Florida, I loved watching him killing thousands of mosquitoes with a modified fan. That's gotta be so satisfying.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP

A friend linked this to me recently. It's definitely a curious case.
    Violence is never the right answer, unless used against heathens and monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    I'd like to know what happened to the original toiletdude and toiletdude[s]1-6. If they're all the same guy who deleted his account after a fit of embarrassment or something 8 times, then you can hope to see toiletdude8 pop up someday.
    fingers crossed.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Ever find someone, especially not someone well know, who is incredibly interesting?

Check out this guy:

You can see that guy in a bbc documentary called Inside Story: Heaven's Gate (which I'm too lazy to link on my phone but is on YouTube). Apparently he narrowly avoided castration. It's a fair documentary. I feel bad for those nerds missing out on the Internet in all its glory but it's really rare to see a cult that doesn't wind up being about the leader having lots of sex.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    @ferrus, I do recognize Merkle but for people who don't know, who is he and how did you meet him?
    So basically I was on the verge of committing suicide. I was literally about to kill myself by overdosing on the cyanide contained in apple pips.

But then this guy, on INTPc, introduced me to the quadrant theory of reality:

And it turned my life around. No longer was I leading a blind aimless path through life, I knew the truth, and it set me free - to play basketball or something.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein