Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me. I dont know how to fix my pc.

Type
    INTP

Please help me. I dont know how to fix my pc.

Please ignore errors in my writing. I am typing from my phone with no keyboard. I have not had a computer in a month and i dont know what is wrong with mine. I am swallowing my pride as Ive never been this stumped. so please help me.

Computer starts normally. Mobo screen, bios/boot loader screen, low res wondows 7 start screen then blackness. The operating system is loaded. I can mash keys and noises happen.

High res video is the problem. I boot in to low res safe mode and it has booted 50/50. Problem is intermittent. A video card swap did not work either. I donno if its faulty memory or a bad video bus on mobo. Os it something else?

A linux live cd creates the same results. My computer cant handle any video over 800x600.

Please help before i fade away.

Type
    INTP
    This is all socket 775 stuff. Its cheap and hard to find. A new mobo is 65 bucks plus shipping. But before i do that Id rather ask you guys

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Did you try another monitor?
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    iNtP
    do you remember making any changes before the problem happened? mobo bios/chip set update?

Funnily enough, something similar happened to my pc about 12 months ago, which i haven't bothered to fix yet - and I too am waiting on buying a new mobo to rectify it. For quite some years now, I've had to wiggle the graphics card in the slot every now and then to get it to keep working
    Just look at the blue sky

Type
    iNtP
    does the mobo have built in graphics? if so, have you tried that or made sure its disabled?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    ^Must be low fat sausage.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    iNtP
    and white-less egg yolks

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    So you take the cholesterol from the yokes but don't want fat sausage? That's not right.

Type
    iNtP
    hey, at least my avatar of three simple, single sided shapes and a line is more anatomically correct than yours!! granted, at least your mouth opens and you could at least eat the sausage, and you have funky eyes.

Type
    INTP
    I too, would like to know what happens if you have/use integrated video out. I'm leaning toward bad video bus.

Also, are there any fans not working? Check all the little fuckers. I've gotten another year's worth of service from boards for about $10 by replacing a faulty fan.

If it's a memory issue, IME, you should have been experiencing artifacting prior to this. I've usually seen it present as white pixels where they shouldn't be, leading to other odd things, mostly spatterings of grit and graininess where there didn't used to be such things, presumably because textures were being loaded from corrupted memory locations.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.