Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INTP JohnClay & ENFP wife

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

INTP JohnClay & ENFP wife

E 46% N 8% F 21% P 62%
    http://www.16personalities.com/

People sometimes say we make a good team. BTW she has schizophrenia, depression (well she takes anti-depressants) and anxiety which affects her sometimes.

She had a very quiet father with a very technical occupation. She mostly had abusive boyfriends. I would be the first partner that reminded her of her father.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClay View Post
    BTW she has schizophrenia, depression (well she takes anti-depressants) and anxiety which affects her sometimes.
    Did she have this before she married you?
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    Did she have this before she married you?
    She had schizophrenia-type symptoms from an early age (at the age of 8 she believed she met Jesus in her house for 15 minutes). In high school she smelt odors that weren't there. One of her hospitalizations was due to an abusive boyfriend. I met her in a TAFE course for mentally ill people and I was a mentor. She had her issues before we even met.

Type
    iNtP
    This will be somewhat of a cynical post, partially because you mentioned your wife as a schizophrenic with depression and anxiety, as opposed to something like, A beautiful woman whom I love dearly that is an ENFP, with life challenges just like everyone else...

is she just called schizophrenic because other people don't want to believe that she saw jesus as well as smelling things others couldn't, or is there other things as well?

with that out the way, in what ways do you find you both compliment each other?
    Just look at the blue sky

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by mhc View Post
    This will be somewhat of a cynical post, partially because you mentioned your wife as a schizophrenic with depression and anxiety,
    I thought that aspects of her mental illness might affect what personality type it detects...

as opposed to something like, A beautiful woman whom I love dearly that is an ENFP, with life challenges just like everyone else...
    That sounds like waffle and I often just get to the point. Her mental illnesses are a major part of her thoughts/behaviour so they are related to her personality. I normally avoid calling her "beautiful" but I find her attractive overall. I love her but are reluctant to say I "love her dearly" - maybe because I haven't thought about it very deeply.

is she just called schizophrenic because other people don't want to believe that she saw jesus as well as smelling things others couldn't, or is there other things as well?
    She sometimes hears voices, etc.

with that out the way, in what ways do you find you both compliment each other?
    We joke/banter fairly often, we also get along quite well in practical matters. We are very sexually compatible (she starts me off then we have sex for a few minutes [she gets sore legs after a few minutes anyway]) I haven't asked exactly why people think we're a good team though.
    Last edited by JohnClay; 01-26-2015 at 04:35 AM.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    You complain about her a lot, yet, from what I can gather, she puts a lot of effort into cranking up your old lawn mower.
    I'd like her to join here. If only to see if she has more than a literal, factual observation based personality. Do you think she can opine?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    You complain about her a lot,
    That's because I feel that here no-one from real-life is going to find out some of my deepest thoughts. On the other hand about half of couples cheat on each other and I think that's worse.

yet, from what I can gather, she puts a lot of effort into cranking up your old lawn mower.
    She initiates it and often wants to do it without me having sex with her. She also tells me she plays with my penis while I'm asleep. She tells me a lot that I have the best penis in the world. (i.e. she is very happy to do it - except one time when I complained that it was hurting)

I'd like her to join here. If only to see if she has more than a literal, factual observation based personality. Do you think she can opine?
    I don't want her to see my posts. Also she does worry about things that probably won't happen (anxiety) so it isn't really a factual based personality.

Type
    iNtP

Waffle

johnclay, i wrote this for you just now, hope you like it

To get to the point, look for the sharp end
    but if its a spear, there can be only one
    with that in mind, and if you finally reach it
    then with the closure you gain, from your point being made
    on the matter of existence, would you still have achieved it

deny this you may, but at the end of the day
    your a thought in a head, not an object in my way
    but to be in my way, as all that is is
    is to exist in a way, that a thought never may

and now i conclude, with doubt of my point
    to my friend johnclay, the spear is you

Type
    INTP
    Getting to the point helps me reason to myself about things. I often go in that mode on the messageboards but in real-life I usually try and be more diplomatic.

Type
    iNtP
    ok, so I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what your point in this thread was. Im pretty sure you want to discuss the relationship between you and your wife, but perhaps the bit I'm having trouble understanding is the type of relationship that you want to discuss?