Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: INTP JohnClay & ENFP wife

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by mhc View Post
    ok, so I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what your point in this thread was. Im pretty sure you want to discuss the relationship between you and your wife, but perhaps the bit I'm having trouble understanding is the type of relationship that you want to discuss?
    I don't know much about MBTI theory but I was thinking that in my limited experience it seems like INTP and ENFP is a good match.

Type
    INTP
    What are your suspicions as to why she was attracted to abusive partners on a repetitive basis?

Type
    iNtP
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClay View Post
    I don't know much about MBTI theory but I was thinking that in my limited experience it seems like INTP and ENFP is a good match.
    Thats probably a good assumption. Intuitive perceivers can, in my experience, have trouble being understood and feeling connected to others. and you two are sort of the opposite sides each of Intuitive Perceivers.
    Just look at the blue sky

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopharian View Post
    What are your suspicions as to why she was attracted to abusive partners on a repetitive basis?
    I read that some girls are attracted to emotion and those abusive guys would trigger her emotions. There are probably other reasons. It would usually take quite a while for their abusiveness to fully develop and then she might stick around a while due to loyalty.

Type
    INTP
    You mentioned that you remind her of her father. Why do you personally feel that is significant?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    You mentioned that you remind her of her father. Why do you personally feel that is significant?
    I think I might be the first partner she's had that was like her father. Her personality might normally be attracted to other kinds of guys, not very quiet technical guys (I'm a programmer). She really loved her father (who died recently)

Type
    iNtP
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClay View Post
    I'm glad I'm finally feeling a romantic/personal connection. In the past I most just valued beauty and assumed connection would be there.
    By in the past, do you mean relationships before the one your in with your wife?
    Just look at the blue sky

Type
    INTP
    How would you describe the difference between "loving" someone and "loving them dearly"? What it take to make the transition from one to the other?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    How would you describe the difference between "loving" someone and "loving them dearly"? What it take to make the transition from one to the other?
    BTW lately me wife often says "I'm in love" and I'd only say "I love you". "I'm in love" would be similar to "loving them dearly". Perhaps the transition would involve me feeling like she is amazing in nearly every single way including her appearance.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by mhc View Post
    By in the past, do you mean relationships before the one your in with your wife?
    I mean my crushes. Their physical beauty was the most important thing and we didn't have much in common.