Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have no use for..

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP

I have no use for..

FLOUR.

While I've been known to eat and enjoy baked and other bready goods, I see them more as an occasional thing. In other words, I only consume them when I'm eating out. I don't think they should be a staple portion of anyone's diet and thus keeping a stock of things like flour and related items is bad practice.

When I lived in a co-op, things like flour, baking powder/soda, sugar, chocolate chips, etc were bought in bulk (much to my dismay) and people baked shit pretty much every day, including cookies every night. The weight gain was very noticeable and the subsequent bouts of cardio, dieting and gym resolutions were amusing when not depressing. Why not just stop buying the damn flour and stop baking cookies every night?

What do you have no use for?

Type
    INFP
    The third period at the end of ellipses
    Semicolons
    Chocolate
    Fishpeople

Type
    iNtP
    Huge amounts of time, money, advertising and infrastructure have gone into establishing and maintaining agricultural businesses - such as the growing of wheat. your going to have to find alternative sources of food which are readily deployable to not only grow, but are also efficiently able to be grown en masse to feed entire populations, as well as contribute to the global economy, to change the fact that wheats and cereals are a staple food.
    Im not saying it can't be done, but with the amount of investment that has already happened to shape the industry, it wouldn't be easy. However, without trying too hard, i can foresee two ways to bring about change. Firstly, the majority of the population would have to stop purchasing and consuming cereal based food - keep in mind however that nearly every processed food contains some portion of a cereal i.e. wheat starch or the big one, corn syrup.
    Secondly, someone perhaps such as yourself could develop a new way to efficiently farm another type of food and then develop and fine tune the technology to do so to make it efficient and market it successfully to convince billions of people to gobble it up everyday and not think twice about doing so. Actually perhaps it not as hard as first thought, I mean look at how easy monsanto have created new food and successfully introduced it to the masses.

edit: sorry, just realised I ranted without responding to the actual OP
    Just look at the blue sky

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Existence.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

earbuds

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by mhc View Post
    Huge amounts of time, money, advertising and infrastructure have gone into establishing and maintaining agricultural businesses - such as the growing of wheat. your going to have to find alternative sources of food which are readily deployable to not only grow, but are also efficiently able to be grown en masse to feed entire populations, as well as contribute to the global economy, to change the fact that wheats and cereals are a staple food.
    Im not saying it can't be done, but with the amount of investment that has already happened to shape the industry, it wouldn't be easy. However, without trying too hard, i can foresee two ways to bring about change. Firstly, the majority of the population would have to stop purchasing and consuming cereal based food - keep in mind however that nearly every processed food contains some portion of a cereal i.e. wheat starch or the big one, corn syrup.
    Secondly, someone perhaps such as yourself could develop a new way to efficiently farm another type of food and then develop and fine tune the technology to do so to make it efficient and market it successfully to convince billions of people to gobble it up everyday and not think twice about doing so. Actually perhaps it not as hard as first thought, I mean look at how easy monsanto have created new food and successfully introduced it to the masses.

edit: sorry, just realised I ranted without responding to the actual OP

Or stop using it....and eat a plant and a cow instead.

Type
    INTx
    Somebody handing out paper towels in the rest room. The nonhuman dispensers work well enough.

Lights controlling when you can merge onto a highway - obviously conceived by a freedom hater.

Moralizers who want to coerce everybody to live by their ethics - obviously freedom haters.

Type
    INXX
    @Dot's anti-fishpeople rhetoric
    Buckets of monkey puke
    Working to make money
    The telephone
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    INxP
    This image:

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Somebody handing out paper towels in the rest room. .
    It's cause of drugs :-/ I hate the idea of a restroom attendant. You couldn't pay me to listen to people shit