Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: The world is your diseased oyster

  1. #1
    Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,835

    The world is your diseased oyster

    You're a young man in his mid 20s. A US citizen. You have a university degree (the specialization doesn't matter) and 3 years experience as an IT tech. You have $20k USD in the bank. You live in Oklahoma City. No debts, no attachments. What do you do?

  2. #2
    chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    shrubland
    Posts
    8,668
    what's my race and sexual orientation?
    chatting on discord

  3. #3
    Hasta Siempre Madrigal's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maņana
    Posts
    9,878
    Get the hell out while you still can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

  4. #4
    Ieilaelite pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,070
    Move far away from Oklahoma and work on getting a degree that does matter.

  5. #5
    a cantori Perdix's Avatar
    Type
    INTj
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the deep end
    Posts
    2,428
    I would research alternative investments and throw 20k down on a promising opportunity. In fact, this is exactly what I did when I was in your position -- it turned out fairly well for me.

  6. #6
    Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    what's my race and sexual orientation?
    You don't have either of those things because they aren't real.

    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Get the hell out while you still can.
    Out of where? Oklahoma? The US?

    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    Move far away from Oklahoma and work on getting a degree that does matter.
    You are a 30 year old with a degree in computer science. You did ok. You are $60,000 in debt. You still live in Oklahoma City because you got your degree online. What do you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I would research alternative investments and throw 20k down on a promising opportunity. In fact, this is exactly what I did when I was in your position -- it turned out fairly well for me.
    You are a 30 year old living in New York City whose investment just failed. You are $50k in debt and just got evicted from your apartment. What do you do?

  7. #7
    a cantori Perdix's Avatar
    Type
    INTj
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the deep end
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    You are a 30 year old living in New York City whose investment just failed. You are $50k in debt and just got evicted from your apartment. What do you do?
    I wouldn't be 50k in debt because I never (in my life, nor do I plan to) buy shit on credit. That being said, I would have a friend wire me some money and fly to Montenegro to bank for the mafia.

  8. #8
    Ieilaelite pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    You are a 30 year old with a degree in computer science. You did ok. You are $60,000 in debt. You still live in Oklahoma City because you got your degree online. What do you do?
    Umm. Wonder what prevented me from leaving Oklahoma, which was priority number one a number of years ago when I had no attachments. Also wonder why in the fuck I got an online degree. Immediately leave Oklahoma for a city where people are doing things that interest me and try to involve myself in a community of said people and learn and make myself useful and make connections - something that should have been like 60% of the point of university.

  9. #9
    Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I wouldn't be 50k in debt because I never (in my life, nor do I plan to) buy shit on credit. That being said, I would have a friend wire me some money and fly to Montenegro to bank for the mafia.
    You never buy anything on credit, but due to an unfortunate incident, you lost a lawsuit and now owe the state $50k USD. You now live in Montenegro. The $50k has not been paid. The mafia would like to know what exactly you can do for them.

  10. #10
    a cantori Perdix's Avatar
    Type
    INTj
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the deep end
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    You never buy anything on credit, but due to an unfortunate incident, you lost a lawsuit and now owe the state $50k USD. You now live in Montenegro. The $50k has not been paid. The mafia would like to know what exactly you can do for them.
    We're venturing too close to real life.

Similar Threads

  1. FIFA World Cup 2014
    By Madrigal in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 554
    Last Post: 06-28-2016, 09:13 AM
  2. USA pwns the world
    By MacGuffin in forum The Pub
    Replies: 317
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 03:31 PM
  3. Hello, world.
    By Aussenseiter in forum Welcome Center
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-18-2014, 10:41 AM
  4. On Introversion and Why The World Needs You!
    By mhc in forum MBTI & Typology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 02:35 PM
  5. How To Take Over The World
    By notdavidlynch in forum The Pub
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •