Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heya

Type
    INtP

Heya

Hello. Some of you may remember me as Lethal Sage from INTPCentral. I stopped going for a while and briefly returned in late 2011 after my third hospitalization. I'm currently stable and I started going back to school last semester. I'm going for a degree in computer science though I'll hopefully actually branch out into something a little more enjoyable for me like user experience, computational media, game programming or design of some sort.

I'm not all that creative but I like to improve on things and have a somewhat design oriented mind. My Fe really isn't all that developed but I like to observe it much more than other INTP's I've met. I'm more into learning about softer sciences and applications than something like computer engineering.

I recently started taking Bass Guitar lessons, I'm part of the Computer Engineering Club at the school I go to, I'm thinking of applying for the English Honors program in the next few days, and I'm working on socialization. I'm doing pretty well for having Schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia, bipolar, major depression combo). Still, I find myself being extremely bored very often and too often life seems meaningless. Mainly I'm trying to stay busy and open to new experiences while trying to make my life more meaningful.

I look forward to lurking
    Last edited by GnarlFox; 02-02-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Hello there! If I recall correctly, you had a conductor avatar at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by GnarlFox View Post
    Nooo! We need more classical music aficionados here.

...I just realised I might be mixing you up with Ethereal Sage. Anyway, welcome!

Type
    INTP
    Welcome!

What are you doing socially?

Type
    INTP
    Hey, a blast from the past! Welcome

Type
    Intp
    Hey, thanks for the great up-date, Lethal Sage. Cool to see you here, too. Welcome.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    If only there was a backup of INTP Central....oh wait.

Type
    INFP
    Heya. Your avatar is anthropomorphic. Approved.

Type
    INXX
    Hello. Some of you may remember me as Lethal Sage from INTPCentral. I stopped going for a while and briefly returned in late 2011 after my third hospitalization. I'm currently stable and I started going back to school last semester. I'm going for a degree in computer science though I'll hopefully actually branch out into something a little more enjoyable for me like user experience, computational media, game programming or design of some sort.

I'm not all that creative but I like to improve on things and have a somewhat design oriented mind. My Fe really isn't all that developed but I like to observe it much more than other INTP's I've met. I'm more into learning about softer sciences and applications than something like computer engineering.

I recently started taking Bass Guitar lessons, I'm part of the Computer Engineering Club at the school I go to, I'm thinking of applying for the English Honors program in the next few days, and I'm working on socialization. I'm doing pretty well for having Schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia, bipolar, major depression combo). Still, I find myself being extremely bored very often and too often life seems meaningless. Mainly I'm trying to stay busy and open to new experiences while trying to make my life more meaningful.

I'm an INtP too! It means I have all the other INTP powers but don't argue good! What do you engineer in your computer engineering club? Do you know you have to create to feel alive? Being a follower or a parrot doesn't cut it- especially for an INTP.
    That's my poop stirrin' stick- Don't touch it! You don't know which end is the handle..

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post

Nooo! We need more classical music aficionados here.

...I just realised I might be mixing you up with Ethereal Sage. Anyway, welcome!
    Not I said I. I've never been into classical music much but I value silence a lot especially when I read which is often even if it is crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Welcome!

What are you doing socially?
    Well I joined the Computer Engineering Club to socialize but it isn't as social as I had expected. Other than that, I'm not sure really how to meet people. I went to a local bar for the first time even though I have been living here for something like 3 plus years. Normally I'd wait for my usual group of friends to setup a time to go (to a bar, not really locally). I went and had a good time talking with some people from the Air Force. I also got solicited to join a white power group. So there's always that...? I live in a shithole of an area.

In the past, I would be nervous to be around people. Now I just don't care - well most of the time. So instead of worrying of fucking up or what others are thinking, etc. I've found to just feel okay talking and analyze the day afterwards without judging myself. That's working so far even if I'm not really making friends yet. A lot of it is just being available and showing that you're available, and by creating interest with what you say. I used to worry when I felt I couldn't contribute to a conversation, but that usually means that they aren't going to be able to contribute to your conversation. Not sure if that was what you were looking for but there it is.

Thanks Ptah and Hermione glad to see you both here.

True Senseye but it looks like it could use a bit of "freshing up." Then again I just scanned the thread and I'm not sure if it's just hosted online or also available as a downloadable database.

Hey Dot thanks. I've been using it for a while cause I imagine I could always uncrumple it or just toss it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    I'm an INtP too! It means I have all the other INTP powers but don't argue good! What do you engineer in your computer engineering club? Do you know you have to create to feel alive? Being a follower or a parrot doesn't cut it- especially for an INTP.
    I'm not too sure how I feel about that little t. Sometimes I think it is linked more to the type of thing that the INTP finds interesting rather than brain function, but I'd rather not get into that too much. In a sense I think that some things follow ridged sets of rules or laws and I find that to be too boring or easy in a sense but hard in that there is so much to do that is exactly the same as everyone else doing that.

As far as the Computer Engineering Club, we're building an autonomous (aka A.I.) RC car without the RC (remote controller). I'm on the navigation team as it's closest to pure computer science. This is only my second semester with this degree though so I don't know much and what I do is in Java and we're programming it in C. So I don't feel like I'm really making much of a contribution because I'm not. Also, the reason I first joined is because there isn't a Computer Science Club. I don't like engineering hardware which is what the club is mostly about.

I don't create that much but I'm constantly learning about different things. The main thing that I would help is if I had better followthrough. I haven't tried to create anything big lately, but I've kind of worked on some lyrics and prose which is kind of fun even though they're of terrible quality.

A major disadvantage of having Schizoaffective disorder is that I can think of good ideas or lyrics or whatever, but when it comes to writing it seemingly all disappears and it feels like I'm trying to sing mathematics. It just doesn't work like it used to. Things don't flow, they sink, and not even spectacularly which makes creation frustrating.

TL;DR

Glad to be here.

Type
    eNTP
    Well I joined the Computer Engineering Club to socialize but it isn't as social as I had expected.
    This is one of the most siggable and INTPish things I've read on this board.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.