Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: You are in a Supermarket.

Type
    INxP

You are in a Supermarket.

Okay, this is a psychology game. You might have played something like this already.

If you want to participate, try not to read the answers posted by other people. They might influence you, so it's best to read them AFTER you're done. Btw, try not to think too much and just tell me the first thing that pops into your head, okay?

1) You are in a supermarket. You are pushing a trolley through it. You come upon the bread aisle. What is it like? Details, please.

2) You push your trolley further. You're in the dairy aisle. You pick up a bottle of milk. It goes off in four days. What do you do?

3) You push your trolley further. You want to buy Oreos. Someone is blocking them. Describe the person. What do you do?

4) You push your trolley further. A sale is announced on the intercom. What items are on sale? Will you buy these items?

5) You push your trolley further. You reach the hygiene aisle. Something is spilt on the floor. Describe it in detail.

6) You are at the back of a long checkout queue. A new queue opens right beside you. How do you react?

I will interpret your Supermarket fantasies.

Type
    ENTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    I will interpret your Supermarket fantasies.
    You will never. You'll NEVER do it. For years, I'll sit around waiting for you to interpret them, but you won't get around to it.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    "trolley" hahahaha
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    1) You are in a supermarket. You are pushing a trolley through it. You come upon the bread aisle. What is it like?
    It's sliced bread with nuts on top. I pick up a loaf and plan to use it for toast at breakfast.

2) You push your trolley further. You're in the dairy aisle. You pick up a bottle of milk. It goes off in four days. What do you do?
    BUY IT RIGHT NOW! This milk will not fulfill it's life's purpose if it wasn't for me, and it is a damn good thing I passed by.

3) You push your trolley further. You want to buy Oreos. Someone is blocking them. Describe the person. What do you do?
    It's an Irish son of a bitch. I recognize him from a day he was walking through a forest looking for four-leafed clovers. I tap his shoulder and smile. He drops the Oreos and runs like the devil is after him, knocking down sales stands and jumping over a cash register in the process.
    4) You push your trolley further. A sale is announced on the intercom. What items are on sale? Will you buy these items?
    Champagne, obviously. I already have 4 in my trolley, but I pick up one more.

5) You push your trolley further. You reach the hygiene aisle. Something is spilt on the floor. Describe it in detail.
    Blood. I discreetly throw a mop over it and pretend I didn't see anything. Then I pick up a pack of condoms.

6) You are at the back of a long checkout queue. A new queue opens right beside you. How do you react?
    I don't do anything. The cute guy at the cash register for my queue is gonna give me a discount, he just doesn't know it yet.

Type
    INTP
    I don't believe in this. There's no way you can access the subconscious that easily, you'd first have to hypnotize your patient a bit. This seems like a free associations thing, where the answers are based more on our own experiences in a supermarket combined with clichés and stuff. Anyway, I'll try it out and see whether your interpretations make sense.

1) There are two rows on each side of me, all of the same kind of whole-wheat, generic, toaster bread. They are wrapped but there's nothing on the wrapper. They aren't cut. It's just the same generic bread that looks ifinitely copy-pasted.

2) I start trying to find a bottle that goes off later, but then realise I'm probably going to drink it in four days so I shrug and keep the first bottle. I'm confused, though: milk around here usually comes in jugs or in bags.

3) A black man, with an indigo turtleneck (wait what, why?). I just move along and try to remember to come back later.

4) I can't understand what is said on the intercom, it sounds like gibberish. I don't care about it and move along.

5) It looks like milk. A transparent white puddle in the middle of the aisle which takes all the width. I'll have to go through it or back away. I go through it.

6) I stay where I am, hoping enough people will change queues.

Formerly PiccoloNamek Lunar Delta's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    1. About six feet wide, around eight feet tall, with bread on the (my) right and bread condiments and other bread or grain related products on the left.

2. Put the milk back and search around for the one with the latest expiration date.

3. It is a middle-aged woman with a handful of coupons who is putting in far too much effort to save thirty cents on a carton of Oreos. Since I am thin and lanky, I come up from the side and pull a carton off the shelf like a ninja.

4. The sale is for pretzels or some other kind of snack food. Pretzels are disgusting, so I will ignore this sale.

5. It is a bottle of environmentally friendly bleach and phosphorus-free kitchen cleaner. It is deep-green-turquoise in color.

6. I don't move. It never helps.
    Last edited by Lunar Delta; 12-28-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Are you serious?

1) There is a bunch of whole grain sliced bread on my left. The packages are brightly coloured.
    2) I don’t drink milk. Ew.. But if you need an answer, I would look for another one.
    3) Short woman, round face, black short hair. She is in her 40’s. I just browse other stuff while she is there. Cookie packages are interesting.
    4) Meat is on sale. I won’t buy it because I don’t eat meat.
    5) Someone dropped a bottle of cleaning product on the floor. The liquid is blue and the puddle is very small, surprisingly.
    6) I move quickly so I can be the first. The new cashier is calling me anyway.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    1) You are in a supermarket. You are pushing a trolley through it. You come upon the bread aisle. What is it like? Details, please.

So much choice, and yet so little to eat. The rule of thumb is the more money spent on advertising and brand development, the less real difference between products.

Keep it in the fridge and document it's progress.

Overweight, probably functionally illiterate, bulging out of clothing that is too small. I get pissed off in a passive aggressive way and then walk on without Oreos.

Crisco, six packs of Yoplait yogurt, frozen squid and hot pockets. Not feeling the specials today.

Laundry detergent, about two litres worth. It's translucent green.

Elbows out, I barge through because I have nothing to purchase today. Empty handed. Just as I entered this world, just as I will leave it.

Type
    INTP

Packaged bread that all looks vaguely identical. There are some divisions, however. The more "high end" organic breads, mid-line whole wheat bread, and then cheap white bread. There's also some baguettes, hot dog buns, rolls, and hamburger buns.

I set the bottle of milk back down and look around for milk that expires later.

It's a fat, middle-aged woman. She left her cart blocking the aisle. I get angry, and leave the Oreos altogether.

Buy-one-get-one-free pears. I don't like pears so I don't buy them. Fuck yo pears.

It is the hopes and dreams of shoppers that came before me.

I leave and go to the self checkout lane.

Type
    InTP
    1. The bread aisle is large and wide open. There are even trees scattered throughout the aisle. Its almost like a forest.

2. The milk is still inside the animal. It's fox milk. The fox makes the sound that foxes make. I don't buy it because I don't drink milk anyways.

3. Frank Yang blocks the oreos. Well he looks like Frank Yang but I know he is actually a bear. I wait for him to finish getting his oreos because there are lots of oreos at the store and I know there will be more for me to get afterwards.

4. A sale is announced for rivers. I don't have a river so I listen intently and think about where I could put a river in my apartment. I will probably not buy a river.

5. In the hygiene aisle someone has spilt a wall.I don't want to step in the wall so I decide that shampoo can wait another week and move on to another aisle.

6. There is a big wall between checkout queues and I try to peak over but I had already picked the checkout queue with the cutest girl cashier when I first got in line so I don't care that much. When its my time to pay I pretend I don't notice she is hot and don't even try to talk to her.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

aka HappyNoodleBoy