Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: You are in a Supermarket.

Type
    INTP
    I don't think I ever give get back a reply to this - been waiting about two years lol.
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I don't think I ever give get back a reply to this - been waiting about two years lol.
    Pfft. I waited for four years.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Bread counter is full of buns.. super bakery buns.. The milk bottle is of olden days..child is blocking oreo counter.chewing gums, busicuit & choclates, i will purchase from sale.. a lady having mensis is on the floor.. a sexy college girl bold and beautifull is there. who is seducive but is self consumed. ( might be she too is INTP ).

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    1) You are in a supermarket. You are pushing a trolley through it. You come upon the bread aisle. What is it like? Details, please.

Mostly empty. Apparently the store had a sale.
    Although you probably don't care about missing the sale, there's a sense of missed opportunity here, of time passing, of being too late to have all the options available to you, of everyone else being at the sale earlier and taking all the good bread leaving you with slim pickings.

2) You push your trolley further. You're in the dairy aisle. You pick up a bottle of milk. It goes off in four days. What do you do?

Make a mental note to watch the news four days from now to catch the screaming people stampeding from the burning building.
    So it's a joke, but one that suggests you see people around you making a big deal out of nothing. You struggle to understand how people constantly fuss over shit that doesn't matter.

3) You push your trolley further. You want to buy Oreos. Someone is blocking them. Describe the person. What do you do?

He's an overweight guy with a trucker cap. I give him a dirty look and reach in front of him for my damn Oreos.
    It's interesting that it's a guy; usually people (women in particular) will see a woman in the way. Anyhow, I guess the overweight guy with the trucker cap here refers to a sort of misogynistic archetype, suggesting that you face obstacles in your life relating to gender issues and being a woman, but that you're willing to fight for your own place in the world.

4) You push your trolley further. A sale is announced on the intercom. What items are on sale? Will you buy these items?

Kraft Mac and Cheese, only $1 each if I buy ten. I'm irritated because the store is engaging in trickery; they're $1 if I buy one, two, eight, or ten. I don't want the crap anyway. No.
    You are very wary of corporations/capitalism and what they will do to make a buck. You also don't have much faith in the general population, or at least you seem to imply many would fall for this "trick". Also the sale is again not something you want; you have different tastes from the masses.

5) You push your trolley further. You reach the hygiene aisle. Something is spilt on the floor. Describe it in detail.

Salon Selectives shampoo, circa 1990. The air has an overpowering stench of strawberry.
    Very specific shampoo and stench, like maybe you've had run-ins with that specific shampoo in the past in some environment where you've felt suffocated, or maybe it's rather symbolic of a saccharine-sweet flavour of traditional femininity that has left you feeling suffocated in the past.

6) You are at the back of a long checkout queue. A new queue opens right beside you. How do you react?

I dash for it.
    Again you're willing to fight for your place in the world and grab whatever scant opportunities life presents you.

I will interpret your Supermarket fantasies.

Okay, we'll see.
    Summary: You see society as being optimised to benefit other people, not you, and you see that the masses can be tricked and cajoled into following along like sheep. You distinguish your tastes from the more conventional, suggesting you don't share the same traditional goals or desires that form part of society's norms. All of the people in your fantasy are other and serve only as obstacles: either as nondescript objects in your way or a conceptual mass of people that are predictable in their patterns. You struggle to connect with most people. You've also had to struggle a lot with gender roles and traditional notions of femininity. On the other hand, you seem to have come to terms with these aspects of society and other people; you are a fighter.

Type
    ISFP
    1) You are in a supermarket. You are pushing a trolley through it. You come upon the bread aisle. What is it like? Details, please.

Bread aisle. On the right starts honey buns, zebra cakes, other snacks, then comes all the breads until the end. First breads are sliced sandwich breads, the hotdog buns and hamburger buns at the end. Within the sliced breads there are specialty breads at the bottom of the racks as healthier people don't mind bending over or kneeling to get their 12 grain with omegas.

On the left of the bread aisle are coffees, creamers, teas, and all the things one would want with those things to include those little pirouette snack sticks.

2) You push your trolley further. You're in the dairy aisle. You pick up a bottle of milk. It goes off in four days. What do you do?

I'd look for one expiring later as my kid isn't gonna finish the milk in 4 days and I dont drink it. If there weren't one with a later expiry date, I'd buy a smaller container. My kid needs milk so worst case scenario I'd buy the one expiring in 4 days and force myself to eat cereal instead of going to another store. Also a lot of times milk still smells good past its expiration so

3) You push your trolley further. You want to buy Oreos. Someone is blocking them. Describe the person. What do you do?

The person blocking the oreos is a fat person who doesnt necessarily need to be in that electric scooter. I kneel behind them and get the oreos, saying nothing. If I cant reach them I'll wait about 30 seconds and ask them to please pass me a package of oreos

4) You push your trolley further. A sale is announced on the intercom. What items are on sale? Will you buy these items?

The items on sale are potato skins or other frozen appetizers. I want none of them so I ignore it

5) You push your trolley further. You reach the hygiene aisle. Something is spilt on the floor. Describe it in detail.

No product is spilled rather it is starbucks iced coffee residue spilled from someone lazily setting their empty cup down instead of walking 10 feet to the garbage can

6) You are at the back of a long checkout queue. A new queue opens right beside you. How do you react?

I wait for the people ahead of me to make a decision. If they take too long to make a decision, I won't go ahead in the new line unless they insist or the cashier specifically asks me over

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    . Also what the hell are "cake donuts"? Whatever they are, you are clearly balls deep in North American culture.

*doffs hat*

Cake donuts. You know the powdered mini donuts or chocolate mini donuts you get at the gas station? They're that consistency of donut. Cake donuts. To distinguish them from yeasty bready donuts much like the iced ones or glazed ones youd get at Dunkin Donuts. You can have them plain, powdered sugar, or glazed on my donut shelf. Or you can have all three mixed up. Eight of them for $2.97. I also make chocolate cake donuts and blueberry cake donuts glazed. I can mix these in a box. Again, 8 for $2.97. I've also got lemon cake donuts. I put a lemon sticker on this box so people dont confuse them for regular glazed donuts. The lemon are the nastiest IMO, blueberry the best

Finally all this donut making has paid off

Anyway the ones I make look like anuses

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    Cake donuts. You know the powdered mini donuts or chocolate mini donuts you get at the gas station?
    Not really. :/

They're that consistency of donut. Cake donuts. To distinguish them from yeasty bready donuts much like the iced ones or glazed ones youd get at Dunkin Donuts. You can have them plain, powdered sugar, or glazed on my donut shelf. Or you can have all three mixed up. Eight of them for $2.97. I also make chocolate cake donuts and blueberry cake donuts glazed. I can mix these in a box. Again, 8 for $2.97. I've also got lemon cake donuts. I put a lemon sticker on this box so people dont confuse them for regular glazed donuts. The lemon are the nastiest IMO, blueberry the best

Finally all this donut making has paid off

Anyway the ones I make look like anuses
    Ok, I understood that last part.

Type
    INTJ
    I miss cranberry orange muffins. I think I will have to make some.

Type
    eNTP
    @Utisz, as rokki observed there are two main types of donut: cake and yeast. They have different flavors, tooth, and texture profiles, right down to (up to?) their surface strength. A cake donut readily breaks into chunks, like a muffin or cupcake. Yeast donuts are more elastic, like a bagel. Consequently, cake donuts generally break before stretching and yeast donuts usually stretch before breaking.

A cake donut has a texture built up like a cake: agglutinated crumbs with tiny pockets of air. A yeast donut tends to be more breadlike with big fluffy pockets of air defined by a lace of cooked dough. The difference is like comparing a coffeecake to a loaf of bread, or scones and brioche.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    ISFP
    trolley lol