Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: You are in a Supermarket.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua2017 View Post
    trolley lol
    I've been in the US for almost two decades now and I still use trolley. Way better word than cart and a better descriptor, in my opinion for a welded metal cart, which makes me think of wood, as a very woody word, unlike the tinny trolley, so y'see, tin, wood, no-brainer. The US needs to start adopting the word trolley.

edit: Plastic carts can be known as Poly/s
    In my mind's eye, one little boy, one little man, funny how time flies.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    What are the most idiotic habits of the Yankees then, Limey?

What would us Brits poke fun at?

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    What are the most idiotic habits of the Yankees then, Limey?

What would us Brits poke fun at?
    You want me to engage in espionage like some turncoat Benedict Arnold!

my redcoat is at the cleaners.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    You want me to engage in espionage like some turncoat Benedict Arnold!

my redcoat is at the cleaners.
    Nah, I'm sick of this bullshit, you're either with us or them.. none of this inbetweener shit!

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Nah, I'm sick of this bullshit, you're either with us or them.. none of this inbetweener shit!
    I'm actually against polarization, binary thinking, good vs. evil, East vs. West, left vs. right, black vs. white, the misuse of Occam's razor to reduce things to overly-simplified dichotomies.
    Just about everything is shades of grey and a lot more nuanced and nebulous. You have to be careful that you don't fall for some Sun Tzu tactic of divide and conquer, or shut yourself into an echo chamber.
    Read, travel, and avoid echo chambers.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I'm actually against polarization, binary thinking, good vs. evil, East vs. West, left vs. right, black vs. white, the misuse of Occam's razor to reduce things to overly-simplified dichotomies.
    Just about everything is shades of grey and a lot more nuanced and nebulous. You have to be careful that you don't fall for some Sun Tzu tactic of divide and conquer, or shut yourself into an echo chamber.
    Read, travel, and avoid echo chambers.
    I agree, I'm only kidding.. Death to the Brits!!

Type
    XNTP
    1) You are in a supermarket. You are pushing a trolley through it. You come upon the bread aisle. What is it like? Details, please.

it have loves and loves of bread of many verities. I skip all of them and head full steam to the Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.

2) You push your trolley further. You're in the dairy aisle. You pick up a bottle of milk. It goes off in four days. What do you do?

Notify the authorities that there is explosive milk in the dairy aisle. Or maybe just pass it up for the nonexplosive kind. depending on my mood. Either way, I will be avoiding that store in 4 days.

3) You push your trolley further. You want to buy Oreos. Someone is blocking them. Describe the person. What do you do?

They are a slow shopper. What I would actually do is weight for them to move by. However, in my mind I might be murdering them for cookies.

4) You push your trolley further. A sale is announced on the intercom. What items are on sale? Will you buy these items?

I don't know I can never understand what they say of the store intercoms. Therefore its really a crap shoot on rather I buy it or not.

5) You push your trolley further. You reach the hygiene aisle. Something is spilt on the floor. Describe it in detail.

I don't look to closely and I decide to skip this aisle today.

6) You are at the back of a long checkout queue. A new queue opens right beside you. How do you react?

I move to the new queue I know this from experience I always move.

Type
    INTP
    1) You are in a supermarket. You are pushing a trolley through it. You come upon the bread aisle. What is it like? Details, please.
    The bread aisle? No clue. I just zoom in on what I want to go straight for it.

2) You push your trolley further. You're in the dairy aisle. You pick up a bottle of milk. It goes off in four days. What do you do?
    I usually only get a little bottle, so this wouldn't bother me.

3) You push your trolley further. You want to buy Oreos. Someone is blocking them. Describe the person. What do you do?
    I do not want to buy Oreos. But if it is something I like, I say "Excuse me, please" as many times as needed. Probably a person who is distracted or completely unaware of their surroundings, which could very well be me, so...

4) You push your trolley further. A sale is announced on the intercom. What items are on sale? Will you buy these items?
    I don't listen to announcements unless there are emergency sirens blasting.

5) You push your trolley further. You reach the hygiene aisle. Something is spilt on the floor. Describe it in detail.
    No it's not. You're seeing things again.

6) You are at the back of a long checkout queue. A new queue opens right beside you. How do you react?
    I look to see if anyone else ahead of me is going to make a move, and then once enough seconds have passed to allow for common courtesy, I go to the new queue. If the person behind me has just one or two items, I usually let them go ahead.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    These answers are as dictated to me by INFJ in bed.

"There's bagels and English muffins and crusty bread. There's all kinds of bread. There's Wonder Bread. Not that I would buy Wonder Bread."
    It cares about status and apperance. It notices the Wonder Bread but then quickly volunteers that it would not buy Wonder Bread. I don't know what Wonder Bread is but I guess it is Wonder by name, not by nature. In being analysed it does not want to be associated with Wonder Bread. It would however not mind being associated with English muffins and crusty bread. Maybe it feels some self-consciousness in being analysed and you reading that analysis.

Anyways, it has specific tastes. It makes associations. It may be likely to get involved in associations based on the associations that those associations have. It probably has a strong need for sense of place in a community. It probably likes the ambience in good restaurants.

"I put the milk back on the shelf. I wouldn't buy it. Bleah!"
    It's not a fan of milk.

"The person is a woman with a crying baby. I can't tell her to move so I just wait and tap my toe. You can't tell her to move, it just wouldn't be right. Don't say that I said tapping my toe."
    She values her independence and her freedom to enjoy life unencumbered, but at the same time she's resents the pressure for her to follow traditional roles. She also is resentful of the pedestal of motherhood, like the idea that popping a human out of your vagina makes you more valuable.

"There's seafood on sale. I think my boyfriend would like that so I go to the seafood counter and buy some."
    She wants/ed to make you happy. She put/s a lot of thought into what gifts to get you and what you would interpret from them. She has/d a spontaneous streak in her. She like/d to surprise you. She prides herself on making her men happy somehow (if that sounds disparaging I don't mean it like that). She takes care with her appearance. She worries about getting fat. She sees life as full of possibility.

"It's shampoo. The bottle has spilled and it's that cheap green Pert Plus. It smells bad and I don't like it."
    Again, same deal as the Wonder Bread. She doesn't want to be associated with a cheap shampoo. There is a sense again of traditional values getting in the way, of not speaking to her. But she must have some experience of Pert Plus (whatever the fuck that is) to know it smells bad. I'm guessing maybe she had a hard time in school, maybe her family was not so well off, maybe she wants to leave something of her past behind, maybe at some point she gained a new sorta optimism and doesn't want to lose that, even if it had a cost. The Wonder Bread and the Pert Plus ... there's a story there.

"I see who in the front of the line goes first. Once they've gone, I go to a new spot. I was at the end of the line so I can't just go jumping first."
    Like the not wanting to say she's tapping her foot, she feels a sense of social responsibility, of fairness. But even in that need to belong, there's a sense of wanting to leave that behind. There's a conflict there, like a sense of wanting to belong and wanting to be valued, but not conforming to certain values. Perhaps she's searching for the values she wants to fit in with or perhaps she already found those elsewhere.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    1) A military accident causes a hydrogen bomb tipped ICBM to have it trajectory of final descent about 5 miles away. You die.
    2-6) Irrelevant.
    You're entralled with the futility of humanity in the face of physical reality. And yet you are part of that humanity.
    Come back and post shithead.