Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You are in a Supermarket.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    1) You are in a supermarket. You are pushing a trolley through it. You come upon the bread aisle. What is it like? Details, please.
    I wipe the sweat from my brow and approach the aisle. I hear wet chomping noises coming from the other side of the nearest bread rack.

I pad softly and move towards the source of the sounds, raising my rifle as I go. As I turn the corner, I see the horrifyingly animated corpse of Polemarch greedily devouring the shredded remains of skip. I let out a soft cry and fire a three round burst into his head, turning it into a spray of gore. I look at the state of skip, and give her a double-tap to make sure she doesn't get back up and come after me.

I check the bread and finding several undefiled loaves I shove them into my army surplus backpack and move on.

2) You push your trolley further. You're in the dairy aisle. You pick up a bottle of milk. It goes off in four days. What do you do?
    I hold aloft the bottle of milk as though it were the Holy Grail. I cross myself superstitiously and twist off the cover. I take a careful sip, not quite believing my luck. The milk is good. Oh, it's so creamy and good. I carefully close it again and place it in my bag with the bread.

3) You push your trolley further. You want to buy Oreos. Someone is blocking them. Describe the person. What do you do?
    It's JollyBard. He hasn't seen me. I sight his center of gravity as he notices the Oreos and smiles about his luck at finding them. I shoot him twice and allow him to die happy. It was the best I could do for him.

I collect the Oreos from where he fell.

4) You push your trolley further. A sale is announced on the intercom. What items are on sale? Will you buy these items?
    A SALE ... here!? I realize what I am hearing cannot be real. I check the bread. Mold?!?

Clearly I am hallucinating as a result of ergot poisoning.

I see my reflection in a window and it shifts and twists. My features become ugly and distorted.

Have I ... joined them? Am I too one of the monstrous living dead?

5) You push your trolley further. You reach the hygiene aisle. Something is spilt on the floor. Describe it in detail.
    The hygiene aisle. Oh the wicked irony.

Before me is a massive puddle of congealed blood. My first reaction is to be sickened, but then in my guts I feel the stirring of an unfamiliar hunger.

6) You are at the back of a long checkout queue. A new queue opens right beside you. How do you react?
    I leap upon the checkout employee with my hands extended like wicked claws. As he screams I fall upon him and tear out his eyes, feasting upon them while I squat upon his thrashing form. I swallow the eyes, slam his bloody head on to the ground with all of my might, then lower my mouth and take a huge bite out of his scalp. I spit out a mass of hair and skin then drink deeply of his pumping blood.

I will interpret your Supermarket fantasies.
    Thank you. I will look forward to your interpretation.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    1) You are in a supermarket. You are pushing a trolley through it. You come upon the bread aisle. What is it like? Details, please.
    This aisle is crowded and looks sort of picked over. I'm really in the mood for that grilled cheese sandwich with tomato that I was planning on making, so I head to the bakery and buy a loaf of fresh baked rye bread instead. It will taste much better than that packaged pre-sliced bread anyway.

2) You push your trolley further. You're in the dairy aisle. You pick up a bottle of milk. It goes off in four days. What do you do?
    I don't buy it. I don't even like drinking milk. I pick up some cream instead to use in recipes that call for dairy.

3) You push your trolley further. You want to buy Oreos. Someone is blocking them. Describe the person. What do you do?
    Some young douchey looking guy with too much product in his hair. I realize that it's Underpants guy. So I quietly exit the aisle and hope he doesn't notice me. I don't need Oreos that badly.

4) You push your trolley further. A sale is announced on the intercom. What items are on sale? Will you buy these items?
    The leftover holiday foods are on sale. I don't buy them.

5) You push your trolley further. You reach the hygiene aisle. Something is spilt on the floor. Describe it in detail.
    I accidentally step in it. It's clear and sticky. As I look around for someplace I can conspicuously wipe my foot off, I notice the open bottle of personal lubricant lying nearby.

6) You are at the back of a long checkout queue. A new queue opens right beside you. How do you react?
    I don't notice until the really loud and obnoxious mother and her four kids that where in line behind me move over. She has a really full cart so I decide to stay where I am.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    First thing that pops into my head?

I'm all lost in this supermarket. I can no longer shop happily.

I came in here for that special offer. A guaranteed personality.

I wasn't born so much as I fell out. Nobody seemed to notice me. We had a hedge back home in the suburbs, over which I never could see.

I'm all tuned in, I see all the programmes. I save coupons from packets of tea. I've got my giant hit discoteque album. I empty a bottle and I feel a bit free.

The kids in the halls and the pipes in the walls make me noises for company. Long distance callers make long distance calls, and the silence makes me lonely.

It's not here. I disappear.

Type
    INxP
    I'll be doing a couple at a time so be patient. Feel free to add your answers to the queue and I'll get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Polemarch View Post
    I will interpret your Supermarket fantasies.
    You will never. You'll NEVER do it. For years, I'll sit around waiting for you to interpret them, but you won't get around to it.
    The questions I gave were carefully designed to allow a detailed psychological assessment. Since you've given me so little information, currently your reading is a little ambiguous: there's currently two psychological interpretations that are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

1) You often feel let down by other people and to avoid disappointment, you pre-emptively resort to not expecting much from them. This is due to the high standards you set yourself and that you often feel other people cannot meet. In situations where you must rely on other people, you have a tendency to try take control so as to mitigate the risks involved. This creates a distance between you and other people that you must consciously work to avoid with those close to you; otherwise you fear you will come across as arrogant. Counter-balancing this, you are easy-going. When things do not go to plan due to the failures of another person, you will often blame yourself for allowing yourself to be dependant on them rather than (or alongside) blaming the other person for failing. As you have gotten older, however, you have learned how to identify and rely on the strengths of other people. Thus you will often trust certain people for certain tasks in certain contexts.

2) You like the idea of subtly manipulating others through language. In your dealings with people, you may employ flattery, charm, appeals to ego, rationalisation, leading phrases or questions, reverse psychology, upper-case, repetition, feigned victimisation, etc., to get the outcome you desire. Certain words at certain intervals with certain emphasis can have a certain effect on certain people. You sometimes try use this to your advantage. However, you are not a sociopath. You only employ such tools within certain limits, mostly where you feel that the desired outcome is advantageous to bring humour or mutual clarity or success. Sometimes you succeed in your goal. What you may sometimes fail to appreciate, however, is that a desirable outcome would often have been reached with or without your manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    "trolley" hahahaha
    Like Polemarch, not much to go off. All I can say with certainty is that you've never lived in or visited Ireland or the UK. Otherwise the word trolley would be commonplace for you.

... to be continued ...

Type
    INTP
    All I can say with certainty is that you've never lived in or visited Ireland or the UK. Otherwise the word trolley would be commonplace for you.
    I laugh when they say it in Ireland, too. To me this is a trolley:

When a woman on the train to Wicklow asked her friend if the trolley had come through yet, I laughed. I was reading a book on my tablet at the time so maybe they didn't think I was that odd but I was laughing at the mental image of someone pushing a little trolley like the one in the picture, laden with tea and packages of crisps, down the narrow aisle on the train.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    ENTP
    Since you've given me so little information, currently your reading is a little ambiguous: there's currently two psychological interpretations that are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
    Pretty accurate stuff. Although, I don't think you're strictly going off my post.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    *mind blown*

You mean Utisz is actually interpreting these?

Whoa ... can't wait to see mine.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

There's a bunch of bread. There is bread on either side. On shelves. Heaps of it.

Put it back and get a fresher one.

It's my 92 year old Aunt Ethel in her frumpy old lady trenchcoat. I wait for her to move.

Diapers, pet food. No I do not.

It's always a frappucino. That's not even from my imagination, it's a frappucino 90% of the time around here, year round. On the floor? Iced Starbucks coffee. Law of nature.

I get the fuck in there like anybody else would.

Type
    INTP
    Okay, this is a psychology game. You might have played something like this already.
    Why not...

Completely picked over. Dust at the back of the empty shelves is visible.

Let it fall from my hand onto the floor.

Some disaffected youth in a stockboy smock. I explain that there's a cleanup in the dairy aisle, and pocket the Oreos as he shuffles off in that direction.

Hell if I care.

A puddle of water pooled up on the floor. Something leaking from above, through some stained ceiling tiles.

I inwardly snicker and amble past all that and then casually saunter out of the store, shoplifted Oreos in my pocket.

Type
    INTP
    The first thing I see is the cheap bread. I hate looking at the cheap bread because it reminds me of soft plastic. Just past the cheap bread is the local stuff, and I wheel my cart over. I am gluten intolerant, so just looking at it makes me salivate and itch at the same time. I love the loaves with flax and seeds on them, and the loaves with cracks in the crust. Maybe I should just bake a loaf? I should really look artisan loaf bread recipes up when I get home.

Eh, don't really drink milk, but my kids do, only one will actually look at the date. I could also see what other things I could make with it before it goes off.

Oh, I have an awesome recipe for oreo cheesecake that I make rarely, so the behemoth that is taking up the three feet of space in front of the oreo display is a bit irritating, as I don't go past the oreos often. She is just standing there in her house dress, I think that she is trying to figure out how many packages of double stuff she needs for the evening. She looks tired, grasping one package, leaning on her cart for support, and looking back at the rest of the packages. I quickly shoot my hand past her and grab a regular package, mumbling a quick "scuseme...", then power walk to the next aisle. Don't want it grabbed from my hands, like grocery shopping is wild hunting or something.

4) You push your trolley further. A sale is announced on the intercom. What items are on sale? Will you buy these items? cans of vegetables, eh, not gonna buy them, it would require going back across the store for them, and I want out of here.

5) You push your trolley further. You reach the hygiene aisle. Something is spilt on the floor. Describe it in detail
    The minty antiseptic smell of mouthwash starts to burn my nose as I round the corner into the hygiene aisle. Someone must have wanted to smell before buying, and tripped? It's seeping under the display rack. Someone has stepped in it and you can now see faint green wet tracks fading down the aisle.

6) You are at the back of a long checkout queue. A new queue opens right beside you. How do you react? Stand there to see others rush over. Usually if I wait, everyone else madly dashes over, thinking that they will get through faster, leaving me just behind the current shopper in the checkout line. Totally fine with that.