Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Where would you go back to?

  1. #1
    Cynical Facetious Heckler mancroft's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    65

    Where would you go back to?

    Of all the places you have been, where would you most like to go back to?

    Me: the Grand Canyon.
    INTPC UK Photos ... MBTI Guide

    Baaaraaack Obaaamaaa.

  2. #2
    Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, New California Republic
    Posts
    2,041
    Honestly, it's to the S.F. Bay Area. That's why I live here.

    If you mean OTHER places, then Santa Fe, New Mexico. I loved how laid back the culture there is, and it's breathtakingly beautiful.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

    "When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

    David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

  3. #3
    chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    shrubland
    Posts
    8,661
    fitzgerald marine reserve in moss beach, CA.

    if you're reading this, don't tell anybody about this place. i've never gone there when it was crowded (except parking can be difficult during low tide) and it's one of the most beautiful nature spots i've ever been to. wear non-slippery shoes, don't litter, respect the life there, etc.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 02-06-2015 at 10:17 PM.

  4. #4
    <3 gator's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,462
    Tofino.

  5. #5
    Hasta Siempre Madrigal's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maņana
    Posts
    9,716
    Moustique (Grenadine island). I spent many years hating the beach but I realize now that every metropolis in the world can kiss my ass this year because I'm waaay overdue for some tranquility by the sea. It wipes your mind clean.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

  6. #6
    chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    shrubland
    Posts
    8,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I spent many years hating the beach but I realize now that every metropolis in the world can kiss my ass this year because I'm waaay overdue for some tranquility by the sea. It wipes your mind clean.
    same. it's cuz the beaches in southern CA are kinda gross, tho. it's not til recently that i truly started to appreciate being surrounded by nature.

    yellowstone national park is another place i'd go back to. my fav part was seeing all the bison families swimming across the river and crossing the road. before that i'd never actually seen landscape like that, like in the US.

  7. #7
    Hasta Siempre Madrigal's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maņana
    Posts
    9,716
    Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    same. it's cuz the beaches in southern CA are kinda gross, tho.

    it's not til recently that i truly started to appreciate being surrounded by nature.
    I lived on a Caribbean island for 4 years and every year new expats would be like, "Let's go to the beeeeeach! Why don't you go to the beeeeach?" I had access to a private beach within walking distance which belonged to a church, but I wasn't there every week or anything. Kinda gets old after a while.

    Another thing overzealous expats would want to do was climb the volcano. I'm rather proud of the fact I never did. These (white) people would climb their souls away up to the top of this freakin mountain, sweating like pigs the whole time, destroying their footwear and shit, getting sunburnt to a crisp, having a terrible time, but then they'd come back down beaming over their feat (and this was before you could post about it on Facebook - you basically had to rely on dinner parties and such to show off). I wanted to get a t-shirt that said "Never climbed La Soufriere".

    Well... I might actually climb it now because the island became the main provider of weed for the Lesser Antilles in my absence, and I'm told that when you get to the top of the crater these days, it's all marijuana plants as far as the eye can see. I might sweat a few hours to see such a sight now. Shit. I already spend hours looking at weed pictures on the internet in all of their stages of growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

  8. #8
    Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Barcelona, Catalonia
    Posts
    5,546
    Minorca. I can't think of anywhere that I was more relaxed than there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Well... I might actually climb it now because the island became the main provider of weed for the Lesser Antilles in my absence, and I'm told that when you get to the top of the crater these days, it's all marijuana plants as far as the eye can see. I might sweat a few hours to see such a sight now. Shit. I already spend hours looking at weed pictures on the internet in all of their stages of growth.
    Apparently the effects of weed are much greater at high altitude. According to a German student housemate of mine who claimed to have shared a spliff with a Hindu guru in the Himalayas.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

  9. #9
    Hasta Siempre Madrigal's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Maņana
    Posts
    9,716
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    Apparently the effects of weed are much greater at high altitude. According to a German student housemate of mine who claimed to have shared a spliff with a Hindu guru in the Himalayas.
    I don't really believe that (though I don't smoke), but they say the same thing about alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

  10. #10
    chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    shrubland
    Posts
    8,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I lived on a Caribbean island for 4 years and every year new expats would be like, "Let's go to the beeeeeach! Why don't you go to the beeeeach?" I had access to a private beach within walking distance which belonged to a church, but I wasn't there every week or anything. Kinda gets old after a while.

    Another thing overzealous expats would want to do was climb the volcano. I'm rather proud of the fact I never did. These (white) people would climb their souls away up to the top of this freakin mountain, sweating like pigs the whole time, destroying their footwear and shit, getting sunburnt to a crisp, having a terrible time, but then they'd come back down beaming over their feat (and this was before you could post about it on Facebook - you basically had to rely on dinner parties and such to show off). I wanted to get a t-shirt that said "Never climbed La Soufriere".
    haha. that's kinda how i feel about hollywood (and LA beaches, i guess). i've only been there like maybe 4 or 5 times in my entire life and what i remember most distinctly from all my visits is having this wave of cynicism and suicidal feeling come over me every time i'm there. i feel like i should explore more but at the same time there's such a strong sense of the general inaccessibility of everything, it tends to turn me off. depending on where i'm living, i feel that way about almost all the tourist spots i'm close to.

    weirdly enough, though, i really wanna go back to catalina island. i went on a week-long trip there (or was it 2 weeks? idk) when i was a kid and i remember snorkeling at night being really cool.

    Well... I might actually climb it now because the island became the main provider of weed for the Lesser Antilles in my absence, and I'm told that when you get to the top of the crater these days, it's all marijuana plants as far as the eye can see. I might sweat a few hours to see such a sight now. Shit. I already spend hours looking at weed pictures on the internet in all of their stages of growth.
    now you have to go!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-29-2019, 11:09 AM
  2. Back to School.
    By Makers in forum The Pub
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-26-2015, 06:36 AM
  3. He's back....
    By msg_v2 in forum Rants, Raves & Hot Air
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-04-2015, 06:11 AM
  4. See me, I'm back!
    By mancroft in forum Welcome Center
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-16-2014, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •