Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: INTPx Poker nights?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

INTPx Poker nights?

Due to my big mouth, I have to learn how to play poker really fast or look like a total idiot. Anyone up for playing it among forum members? I don't know which sites would enable you to create a private room where you can choose who enters. I've signed up to a couple of poker sites in the past and I'm still receiving spam mail from them, not to mention that I didn't learn anything. Something that allows people to sign up easily? If anyone wants to play and knows of sites that don't completely suck, lemme know.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    ENTP
    I would do that. Presuming you work out all the details and don't make me do anything other than show up.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Polemarch View Post
    I would do that. Presuming you work out all the details and don't make me do anything other than show up.
    That's... kind of what I wanted someone else to do.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPc actually had a poker room. I remember playing Dr Haight and CJ Woolf at it. Must have been about 2008-9.

I haven't played online for a long time, so I don't know what is best these days. Are you thinking of playing with real money?
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    Are you thinking of playing with real money?
    We don't have real money in Argentina.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    Ehm.

Edit: Since my desk drawers are organised now, I've even still got the login details on hand. If anyone wants in on the action, by all means. I haven't played since, though, so I'd be a total fish.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    We don't have real money in Argentina.
    Well it's all in USD. Downside: you have to go to the blackmarket to get started. Upside: you become the blackmarket if you do well enough.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTj
    Playing poker with you guys sounds fun, how do you propose the game be structured?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    INTPc actually had a poker room. I remember playing Dr Haight and CJ Woolf at it. Must have been about 2008-9.
    I once encountered Dr. Haight and nottaprettygal in the INTPc poker room playing on his 'n hers laptops whilst in a hotel room on their honeymoon. They admitted this, mind you. I was impressed by their extreme geekery.
    "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is reality. Your cries do not move me." -- Sistamatic

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Ehm.

Edit: Since my desk drawers are organised now, I've even still got the login details on hand. If anyone wants in on the action, by all means. I haven't played since, though, so I'd be a total fish.
    That sounds good. Can you post the login details here or do you prefer to PM them? I think PokerStars is one of the sites I joined once, so I'll see if my account is still active.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Playing poker with you guys sounds fun, how do you propose the game be structured?
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. I need to play Texas Hold'em. If there's an in-built chat function, or we can simultaneously skype while playing, that would be great, so the learners among us can ask questions and stuff.