Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentines Day

Type
    INTP

Valentines Day

I think that one or more of the following is probaby how most people on the board feel about Valentines day:

• too saccharine
    • not a real holiday
    • get out of my face already
    • why not love people all days of the year?
    • as if I needed another reminder that I'm foreveralone

So, uh, discuss.

Actually, the real reason why I'm starting this thread is because the other day I started sharing lots of horrible wtf vintage valentines on FB and I thought why do they get all the fun when really I love you all better?

Type
    INTP

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I usually totally unaware of the day being such when it arrives. I seem to hear more about it before then in the form of the avatars on this forum and after when various relatives and friends describe meals they had.

Someone at work mentioned that the day meant absolutely nothing for him but that he had to do something for the day because his wife finds meaningless tokens (his word) important. Which is unsurprising to me. That seems to be what drives a good deal of culture.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    I usually totally unaware of the day being such when it arrives. I seem to hear more about it before then in the form of the avatars on this forum and after when various relatives and friends describe meals they had.
    There's going to be a party at my house, if you want to come. It might possibly involve a pinata and mariachi music.

there was one of these threads on intpc a long time ago. I made candy hearts with "C16 H12 FN3 O3" on them.

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    It's a good excuse to spend some quality romantic time with the SO. I don't really understand the hate aside from the 'foreveralone' standpoint (even then, you can just safely ignore it all). It shouldn't really feel like a tedious obligation, something you have to 'get through' like Christmas with the in-laws. I don't really feel bombarded with vday media anyway.

Then again, I actually have a romantic bone in my body. Seems so many intps don't.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by last_caress View Post
    there was one of these threads on intpc a long time ago. I made candy hearts with "C16 H12 FN3 O3" on them.
    I distinctly remember one time when a total noob posted that they wanted nice Valentines cards as their first or second post. I posted this:

and probably scared them away.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I found some more modern ones:

Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein