Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentines Day

Type
    INtP
    mr oxy and I mutually agreed to blow off valentine's day. Sometimes he doesn't listen and gets things anyway, and then I feel annoyingly compelled to scrounge something up at the last second.

We're both INTP's, and I love him to bits. But after a decade, I don't give a shit about this holiday anymore.

I feel like this is the only place I know online or irl where this sentiment may be adequately appreciated.

Type
    INTP
    She's making dinner tonight, and I this weekend. Not much for gift-giving for the occasion but I relented with chocolate. It's still a fresh relationship and we both have a romantic streak in us. Yes I'm being a terrible INTP.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    She's making dinner tonight, and I this weekend. Not much for gift-giving for the occasion but I relented with chocolate. It's still a fresh relationship and we both have a romantic streak in us. Yes I'm being a terrible INTP.
    If it's a fresh relationship, then that's a whole different ballgame. It's fun during that stage.

Probably around year six is when I went "ehhhh...."

Type
    INFP
    I think this holiday keeps the flower shops running. It's hard to run a small brick and mortar business these days. I rarely buy flowers but I like walking by a florist and looking in the window. Other than that, I pity the men who don't know what is required and the women who are having their colleagues' relationships (or lack thereof) shoved in their faces. I hope somebody responsible is making babies today!

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    We're reheating leftover indian food tonight. And that's all we have planned.

No More BarIII feet! PLZ! Tlalocone's Avatar
    Type
    inFp
    INTPx Award Winner
    I love this thread and forum but i hate the annual celebration day of commerce... especially of chocholate and of flower businesses!
    Communism s*cks. Cunts s*ck even more.

"
    I prefer a Tlal-toptric convo. They should start a blog."
    Madrigal

Type
    INTP
    We aren't doing anything. We bought a new fridge that was supposed to be delivered today and my husband has been joking that it's my Valentine's day gift. Really we just needed a new one. Ours has had broken shelves since we moved in, and now it doesn't even work right. Turns out it's not going to be delivered today after all.

My mom sent a Valentine's card that I think might be a passive aggressive jab at my husband. It says something about one of us being born into the family and the other one married into it. She has made comments before about not caring about certain family members before because she's not related to them by blood so I'm sure she feels that way about my husband. She even found the card to express that. Nice.

Type
    xxxx
    “I was going to buy chocolates from that fancy chocolate place you keep checking out but the line was too long and I didn’t want to wait.”

“Awww how romantic
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTP
    Once you watch your significant other turtle walk out of the bathroom in search of a roll of toilet paper, knowing their cheeks are wedged with an amount of shit equal to a jar of Jiffy chunky peanut butter, it's at that point that something triggers internally in which you realise that every romantic interaction afterwards is superfluous.

Type
    INTP
    Well I answered the door to a delivery of a dozen beautiful red roses and champaign... Unfortunately they weren't for me.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)