Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Valentines Day

Type
    INXj
    The INTP surprised me with flowers and a box of chocolates at work. He isn’t the romantic type and I don’t know what got into him but it’s cute. Good thing I have my own room so no one saw me blushed lol.

He didn’t get lucky that night unfortunately. We barely see each other these days. A little effort could mean a lot though. I think the fact that it isn’t his kind of thing but did it anyway sure makes the thought ten times sweeter.
    We cling to our past as if they define us. What we do defines us.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    I totally forgot it was Valentine's Day until I looked at a calendar at like three this afternoon. Then I sent my boyfriend a text all like "Sup, babe? Happy V Day. *emojis*"

Yeah I'm killin' it.

Also I nailed (in more than one sense) his birthday, which was like last week.

The more I treat certain aspects of this relationship as if I'm a frat boy and he's a sorority girl, the more successful I seem to be.

Can smell the Sarcasm. Why do it if you don't like doing that stuff? Do you love him or you just want to make him happy? Just a question.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by adkulo View Post
    Can smell the Sarcasm. Why do it if you don't like doing that stuff? Do you love him or you just want to make him happy? Just a question.
    It was actually not sarcastic.

He's an ISFJ and i'm an INTP, so part of the challenge is figuring out how to make him happy = how to communicate that I do love him. At this point in our relationship, we have actually managed to get a lot better about understanding each other.... Similar to what @Lilith said, I think: He knows that I'm really not in to all the romantic stuff, flowers and chocolates or whatever, so then when I *do* go out of my way to do that sort of thing, it's because I actually do care about him a lot, so he appreciates it twice as much.

So for his birthday I bought flowers and made French macaroons and a red velvet cake (decorated with hearts - not even kidding). There were candles. There was lingerie... Won't go in to any more detail, but he appreciated it.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INXj
    Quote Originally Posted by adkulo View Post
    Don't we want to make the person we love happy? Sounds like a catch 22 to me.

On a tangent, if you feel you are forced to do something in order to keep the relationship, you are probably in the wrong one.
    We cling to our past as if they define us. What we do defines us.