Thread: Electronic cigarettes

Cynical Facetious Heckler mancroft's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Electronic cigarettes

For those of you trying to cut down on your tobacco consumption, I recommend an electronic cigarette.

I recently got one of these

http://www.vapouriz.co.uk/electronic...-kit-black.htm

and have cut my tobacco consumption by over 75% and am saving a wad of money.
    INTPC UK Photos ... MBTI Guide

Baaaraaack Obaaamaaa.

Type
    INfj
    +1. I'm not a smoker but I know several people who've transitioned to these and have been keeping me posted.

From what I'm told, early e-cigs had a weird chemical taste to them, but they've since worked out the kinks and have some nice flavours to rival the cancer sticks. So if you've tried e-cigs before but got turned off by the flavour, 2015 might be time to give them another go.

Bonus track: you can smoke them on the airplane without getting caught, since they don't stink up the place, it's just water vapour that dissipates into the air. (Disclaimer: not liable if you try this)
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    Bonus track: you can smoke them on the airplane without getting caught, since they don't stink up the place, it's just water vapour that dissipates into the air.
    Smoke detectors in planes are fine particle detectors, while you can vaporize in the main cabin, it is risky to do it in the bathroom as glycol particles can trick the alarm into thinking there is a fire.

That being said, I don't fly without a hash oil pen.

Cynical Facetious Heckler mancroft's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Have been told that the tobacco flavours that I smoke smell like vanilla and maple syrup.
    INTPC UK Photos ... MBTI Guide

Baaaraaack Obaaamaaa.

Type
    INFP
    Been off cigs for six weeks, thanks to e-cigs. I don't even want a cigarette. Weaning myself off of the e-cig will be a challenge, but not smoking in the meantime is a solid life improvement.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    Been off cigs for six weeks, thanks to e-cigs. I don't even want a cigarette. Weaning myself off of the e-cig will be a challenge, but not smoking in the meantime is a solid life improvement.
    I like how it helps people transition. On the rare occasion I want a cigarette though, I do prefer the real thing. Best thing about living in a cold red state - smoking a cigarette and noone crawls up your ass about it.
    My generationally challenged opinion is that the ecigs seem like smoking an air freshener or huffing a can of febrese...

Type
    INTP
    Off topic, but when I see people with e-cigs, I think they should all be shaped like pipes (tobacco pipes). It would look so much cooler if it seemed people were walking around smoking pipes.

Type
    IXTP
    Most of the e-cig flavors I've tried taste either too floral, fruity, or like stinky perfume. A lot of the tobacco flavored ones taste nothing like tobacco and some of them are pretty gross.

The only one that I've tried that was actually decent was the tobacco flavored BLU e-cigs. It doesn't taste quit like the real thing, but it's pretty close and it has a tiny hint of coffee in it's flavor which works really well.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Bookrose View Post
    I like how it helps people transition. On the rare occasion I want a cigarette though, I do prefer the real thing. Best thing about living in a cold red state - smoking a cigarette and noone crawls up your ass about it.
    My generationally challenged opinion is that the ecigs seem like smoking an air freshener or huffing a can of febrese...
    There was a definite transition period of getting used to ecigs. They weren't that satisfying, except purely as a nicotine delivery system, when I started them but I've grown accustomed to their vape. I'm old enough that I had a designated smoking area for students at my high school, which seems crazy now. Living in California, at least in a city, is a big deterrent for cigarettes. They aren't as prohibitively expensive (yet) as they are in some other places in the US, but the social stigma is huge.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    I'm old enough that I had a designated smoking area for students at my high school, which seems crazy now.
    Me too! Burnouts unite!
    I liked to smoke when I was towing (thank god that's over). You're cold and wet - maybe out of coffee too... Cigarettes to the rescue!
    CA makes my ass twitch though I find myself there a lot - gots to makes the money...