Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You are in a Roman bath.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

You are in a Roman bath.

You are in a Roman bath.

There is a statue by the entrance. What does it look like?

When you take off your toga there is a person in the room with you. Describe the person.

You enter the caldarium and slip into the hot water. How does it make you feel?

A slave rubs a greasy liquid into your skin. Describe this liquid in as much detail as you can.

In the courtyard people are playing naked sports. Do you join in?

You go to put your toga on and realize that someone has switched it with another garment. Describe the garment.

Type
    InTP
    There is a statue of a slave at the entrance, defeat is on his face.

The person already in the room is an old man. His testicles are old and shriveled and his face is red because he has been drinking. I avoid eye contact and eye-ball contact.

I look for the caldarium but I'm not sure what that is so I get into the bath. I get in ear deep so that I can only hear water sounds and I close my eyes and try to forget about the world. It is relaxing.

The slave pours thin oil on me, it slides off and collects in the water around me. It is colorless and its scent is masked by the water scent. I taste some and spit it out because I think of all of the dead skin cells and bits of hair and urine that are in the public bath.

The courtyard is full of naked wrestling. I try to join and my weak nerd body is quickly manhandled by a large athletic 16 yo boy. There is no sexual tension... there is a little sexual tension, but we ignore it.

My toga is replaced with a nice hat and suit. I complain loudly that my attire is now an anachronism but I remind myself that in 2000 years it wont be and I stop worrying. I nod to the slave statue on the way out.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

aka HappyNoodleBoy

Type
    ENTP
    You are in a Roman bath.

The statue resembles "The Thinker" by Rodin, but it's smudgier and more open to interpretation.

When you take off your toga there is a person in the room with you. Describe the person.

Curly dark hair, thicker build, but not overweight or muscley. He is about to put his toga back on, but for the moment he's fishing things out of his locker. He kind of looks down; still aware of his surroundings but trying to be nonchalant about it, not appear like he notices. I do the same thing after a moment.

Internal. I feel like this is my sanctum, and I'm inside it, alone. I'm grateful to be alone, this is my inner place of healing. I enjoy listening to the sounds, the echoes.

A slave rubs a greasy liquid into your skin. Describe this liquid in as much detail as you can.

I'm annoyed the slave is here at all. Doesn't he know this is my inner sanctum? The liquid is more of a lotion. Go away slave.

I would, but I'm not up to it today. I don't really even watch them, I just breathe in the fresh air and allow my pores to open. Eventually they switch from soccer to rugby, and I do watch that a little bit, because rugby's an intense game.

You go to put your toga on and realize that someone has switched it with another garment. Describe the garment.

Blue denim overalls. This is bullshit, I hate this garment.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP

A rearing stallion. Riderless, tackless, robust, muscular and surprisingly fierce. It is pounding a tiger into hamburger helper.

It's a middle aged man. He's a little fat, but still vibrant. His hair is abandoning him. He seems cheerful though--like this, if not the best day of his life, is still pretty damn good. He also looks tired.

The heat slipping into me is like getting a massage all over my body at the same time. The steam makes me realize how much I'd been struggling to breathe before. Soon, I feel almost nothing but the stone at my back and the warmth and bliss of almost floating.

It's a light grease, more of an oil. It's warm, like it's been sitting in or near the caldarium, because it doesn't come as a chilling shock to my still steaming flesh. It has a complex aroma that drifts from thought to thought. One moment musky and cloying, the sweet and soft, then relaxing--licorice to rose to jasmine and chamomile. It also has a little mentholation to it as it sends a chilling warmth deep into my muscles.

No.

It's a one piece reinforced jumpsuit made of a mixture of layers of linen, leather and some sort of composite. There are soft areas of padding in the outer thigh, along the spine, the outer upper arm, to a lesser extent the waist and belly, and a different padding under the composite plates at the knee, shin, forearm, shoulder and chest. When I strike the padding at my thigh, the entire length instantly grows rigid, then softens again a moment later.

Most of the outer surface is made of layered heavy cloth or leather depending on the location. The layers resemble large scales.

It has a high collar with an open throat, and everything is black with silver threading. It closes with a very sturdy but concealed zipper. It fits like a well fitting glove--if a glove can make you look 50 lbs lighter. Somehow, it doesn't feel overly warm. Clearly it is lined with something that wicks away sweat and breathes well.

There is a matching set of boots and gauntlets nearby, I take them as well.

As I leave, a man at the door hands me a matching helmet.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    I think my answers are too erotic for this subforum!

Type
    INTP

White, marble. One of those fancy schmancy statues with water coming out of the mouth. Probably Adonis or someone.

A bald, little old man. He fell asleep in the bath. He is snoring.

Refreshed, and in-the-moment. If I had any stresses or worries, for this exact moment of time, they don't matter.

A hot, minty balm, probably an herbal extract of some sort. Like those sports rub things. Good for aching muscles. It smells faintly earthy and bitter.

After already having gotten into my bath and having icy hot rubbed over me? No, if I was going to play naked sports it would have been before the bath. Geeze. Plus, Bob's out there. Can't stand the guy.

This toga is identical except for a tiny red triangle embroidered over the heart. I have been targeted...

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by mondschein View Post
    I think my answers are too erotic for this subforum!
    Pray Tell, and we promise not to repeat.

Type
    INFP
    You are in a Roman bath.

Ok.

A very very tall and thin person. For some reason the sculptor bothered to decorate the sculpture's feet and ankles with an elaborate network of varicose veins. His knees are bent and his back is hunched so severely that his spine stands out like a string of pearls, but despite his attempt to compact himself, his marble shoulders scrape the high ceiling. His arms hang awkwardly at his sides, and he peers down with a dramatically miserable expression-- head tilted against his right shoulder, eyes wide and deep-set, eyebrows raised, mouth twisted.

I first become aware of her presence when I hear a rhythmic clinking sound. It takes me a minute to locate the source of the noise. Finally I look across the room. She is almost hidden by the bath's steam and the thick shadows cast by surrounding columns, but I notice the white glints of her eyes when she blinks. As the clinking continues, I pinpoint its source: the woman is tapping the ring on her right hand against a nearby column. I quickly look away but I can feel the pressure of her eyes on me. What the hell. She's creepy and I don't want to be here.

Nice.
    HEY Minnows! They nibble my legs and toes.

It looks like honey but it rolls off my skin without leaving a trace. The slave seems determined to rub it into my back but it won't stick. Nonetheless, he keeps on rubbing and pouring more of the stuff on my back. I notice that my back is cooling. This coolness escalates into a jabbing burning coldness in my shoulders. Then the sensation spread to my skull; I feel like my brain is being stabbed with icicles. I politely ask him to stop. He stops and, immediately, the sensation disappears. I thank him, insincerely.

Yes! Joyfully free of the haunting bath, I skip over to them and kick the soccer ball. As it rolls into the goal, everyone stops and stares at me. I realize I may have interrupted something. Suddenly I feel naked.

Papery texture, and white. A onesie. Idiotically, I step into it, and button it up. I pull the hood over my head and realize that it's meant to extend over my face as well. It includes holes for eyes. Cool! I think I must look very stylish, so I try to find a mirror. It is at this point that I realize I cannot move; my feet seem glued to the floor. Then, the garment seems to tighten around my body, til it is perfectly molded to my shape. I look over at the statue by the entrance in a new light, and with a deeper appreciation. It seems that I am now a statue.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    You are in a Roman bath.

It's the Statue of Liberty.

Wait, what is it doing here?

It's Che Guevara. I tell him to quit peeking.

It's too hot. I'm hot-blooded and I prefer cold water.

Andiroba oil from the Brazilian rainforest. It will keep the insects away and it has healing properties.

No, I think they look like animals.

It is a wedding dress. Che Guevara left it there as a gift. I shake my head and give it to the slave.

Emperor.
    Type
    ENTP
    An angel, weeping.

He's tall and skinny, a bit weird. He's fully naked, of course, but he has a huge chin.

I feel like peeing.

It feels like custard.

I make sure I put a prophylactic on first.

It's a centurions uniform.