Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: :wave:

Type
    INxP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Yeah I think there's an element of arbitrariness in some of the binary questions like these.

My results:

INFP

tl;dr

I slight
    N very clear
    F slight
    P very clear

Introversion was weaker than for other tests since this one didn't just ask generic questions about parties, but also questions about one-on-one situations. F being slightly stronger than T is sort of a recent trend.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Interesting test. I got clear in all but introversion, which was only moderate. I think it was because I said I can hold a conversation at a party and can talk to anyone at length about anything. Not so sure those things necessarily indicate I'm all that more extroverted but ok. I've spent days/weeks with some pretty boring bastards is all.
    jinx yeah. I think it's fair enough though. I often test like 100% introverted but it's because all the I/E questions are variations on "would you prefer dancing to lady gaga on a coffee table to the delight of a pack of baying mouthbreathers or watch a movie?". This test seems more balanced in that respect to ask some questions about being able to hold and carry a conversation ... which in some respects, I think I some "introverts" can be better at than your average flaming extrovert. Perhaps though there's another (false) dichotomy at play here ... how much you like to be at the centre of attention and well you can hold a conversation one-on-one or in small groups ... these seem to be two different things.

(On a side note, you were clear in J or P?)

Edit 2: Welcome BarIII!

Type
    INTP
    I very clear (21)
    N very clear (25)
    T very clear (23)
    P very clear (21)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    I'm definitely not as clear a INTP as most of you. All these type tests are hard for me. This one took almost an hour. Several questions made me wonder how it could even be a matter of opinion, like whether to consider the future when making some decisions.
    Are you really young (like college student)? If so then i would think as your personality solidifies your answers would come more quickly. Lots of life experiences helped me figure out my "natural" way of reacting to stuff.

Type
    INTP
    Nope, I'm in my 40s.

For example:

When you go somewhere for the day, would you rather
    plan what you will do and when, or
    just go"
    Makes me think about the various places one goes for a day. It take a little while. If I'm going shopping in the city, I plan many of the stores I'm going to and the order but not exactly when unless some close at a time that makes it close, so I'll check when they close before knowing whether I'll set a strict schedule. I've thought about visiting a part of Staten Island that I read has horses in the street, then going to the mall. I'd have no time limit for how long I spend in the horse area and I wouldn't hesitate to spend time at an unexpected cool place. Whether I schedule that depends on how badly I need something at the mall. If in my past experience I've noticed myself planning things more than others, then the answer may be easy, otherwise it's not.

3. If you were a teacher, would you rather teach
    fact courses, or
    courses involving theory
    I'd want to make a difference. I'm not sure I could make much of a difference with either option. With fact courses maybe I could utilize my penchant for idiot proof instructions. But maybe I could do the same with theory course and maybe my penchant would be more valuable in that case. I'd consider advanced classes vs beginner classes. Guess I'd prefer advanced so I could do some research and publish some useful articles, but I occasionally think about how to help students who do poorly in school and I already have some ideas on how to do it. Is the prospect of doing original research something I should even consider given the scope of the question?

See?

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post

(On a side note, you were clear in J or P?)
    J. I hardly do anything without planning it ahead of time. I don't just go to the shop to buy milk, I think about which shop is going to be the least hassle ahead of time and the route I'm going to take (usually minimizing left turns). I don't buy things without usually comparing all of them, (currently selecting a 4K TV with min. 120Hz - not bullshit 60Hz pretending to be 120, but actual 120) I plan vacations with lots of travel with an itinerary. I like to foresee as much as possible and be prepared for the things I cannot foresee as likely to happen. You're going to have to get up pretty early in the morning to catch me out boy-o!

Short answer, I just don't 'wing it', winging things kinda pisses me off.
    Shit, am I...German?

With most things, it can be good, fast, or cheap, but you have to pick two.

Type
    INTP
    Yes you're kind of indecisive about your own perception of self. On the other hand, maybe you're just INTP-ish which makes me think there is a good moderating dimension to your personality. I think some INTP aspects of personality can make people not so cool in some ways. Perhaps you have developed yourself in really good ways so you're less polarized?

Makes me think about the various places one goes for a day. It take a little while. If I'm going shopping in the city, I plan many of the stores I'm going to and the order but not exactly when unless some close at a time that makes it close, so I'll check when they close before knowing whether I'll set a strict schedule.
    Here's me: I plan but only because I have to and I answered the quiz questions (quickly) by imagining I'm describing "Ruby's happy place". I have to plan due to responsibilities but for the most part I really resist schedules and itineraries. I do over-analyze criteria for decision-making purposes (i.e. a purchase) but this is because my processing ability is slower than I'd like. Also - I'm indecisive and don't want to make a mistake.

Re: teaching...

With fact courses maybe I could utilize my penchant for idiot proof instructions. But maybe I could do the same with theory course and maybe my penchant would be more valuable in that case. I'd consider advanced classes vs beginner classes. Guess I'd prefer advanced so I could do some research and publish some useful articles, but I occasionally think about how to help students who do poorly in school and I already have some ideas on how to do it. Is the prospect of doing original research something I should even consider given the scope of the question?
    See?
    You've added a lot of context to a very one dimensional question. Not a bad thing but it's pretty clear to me (as I am in this field) that there are those that are more comfortable doing fact-driven courses (Js I suspect) with highly structured assignments, activity, etc. These people are overly obvious as are those dreamy folks that prefer the realms of theory and think in more unstructured/non-linear ways. Both smart people but it has (I think) to do with personality. Linear-thinking faculty make students happy because they are very organized and predictable - timely with grading too.

I'm disorganized (though I DO try to do better at planning) and take the students on the garden path of learning - giving them space to construct their own knowledge.

Type
    INTP
    If the questions were qualified with "Assume nothing you do will have any benefit to mankind. Be completely selfish." that might make things easier for me. Well, in that case teaching would basically be reciting a bunch of facts and I don't think I'd have much of a preference but I'd check the in between box quicker if there was one. If it's just fact vs theory with nothing in between, I'm screwed.

eyeing you rabbit warrior kitsune's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    a vast moor in the old world brimming with jackrabbits where three rivers decussate
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Shit, am I...German?
    Ja.

Edit: Hi BarIII!

"
    'I cannot play with you,' the fox said. 'I am not tamed.'" - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Le Petit Prince (1943)

REMINDER TO SELF WHEN DEALING WITH THE RABBIT WARRIOR: "All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu,
    The Art of War

Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    welcome

Rocket Scientist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    oh, and thanks for reminding me that i need to re-up on some bananas.