Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell ACow what to eat!

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Tell ACow what to eat!

Much like gator's thread recently, I am looking to you all for wisdom on what to eat. The wife is away, so i have potential space for a dinner, a breakfast, and maybe a lunch.

Its 7:00pm here right now. So the breakfast and lunch are for tomorrow potentially.

I have my feet, an unlimited public transport pass, a city renowned somewhat for food, and my smartphone.

HilbertSpace has already volunteered enchilladas for dinner, which given the distinct lack of mexican cuisine and culture in this part of the world will be an interesting one to dig up, but other than that have at ye!

Suggest and debate it all, and by the time i need to eat, I shall endeavour to go with the one that I like the most, and keep you updated for all of like 12 hours...maybe.

*abandons thread most likely*

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    May I suggest some wine?

Spoiler:
    Then why did he put the Devil in me?

Type
    INTJ
    Two cups of Vietnamese coffee to kick off, along with a heavy cake/bread, I recommend cranberry bliss cake (US starbucks have it at least) optionally slap some cream on there

For lunch, get a gyro, but fill it with chicken, steak and lamb, you want to get a meat tornado going, slathered in tzatziki sauce, lemon and possibly cherry pepper.
    You're going to want a good quality beer with the meat, so that you don't get the meat sweats. I prefer Heineken, because I like my beer a little skunky (schnarf liono! and all that malarkey)

You'll need a nap until dinnertime...

Your head and nose might be a bit grocky after the nap, so you're going to blast it out with some Crispy Thai duck, in red curry if they make it that way, served with a good red wine.

Boom! get to some o' dat!

Frozen pizza and a twelve pack of cooper's.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    May I suggest some wine?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Two cups of Vietnamese coffee to kick off, along with a heavy cake/bread, I recommend cranberry bliss cake (US starbucks have it at least) optionally slap some cream on there

For lunch, get a gyro, but fill it with chicken, steak and lamb, you want to get a meat tornado going, slathered in tzatziki sauce, lemon and possibly cherry pepper.
    You're going to want a good quality beer with the meat, so that you don't get the meat sweats. I prefer Heineken, because I like my beer a little skunky (schnarf liono! and all that malarkey)

You'll need a nap until dinnertime...

Your head and nose might be a bit grocky after the nap, so you're going to blast it out with some Crispy Thai duck, in red curry if they make it that way, served with a good red wine.

Boom! get to some o' dat!
    Thai Duck in a red curry sauce is actually one of my favourite dishes. That may be tempting.

Gyros would have me seek out the greeks tomorrow at lunch time...which might actually work as I think i know where in the city they congregate and I could meet the spousal unit there after her flight gets in...

Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    Frozen pizza and a twelve pack of cooper's.

Type
    INTP
    Damn it. I'm totally INTP'ing this decision for food tonight. If I don't make a call soon, I'm going to end up with the frozen pizza, which will do nothing for my self esteem given my last post...

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    Damn it. I'm totally INTP'ing this decision for food tonight. If I don't make a call soon, I'm going to end up with the frozen pizza, which will do nothing for my self esteem given my last post...
    If you end up with frozen pizza, choice of beverage entirely makes or breaks the existential quality of the meal.

Type
    INTP
    Wow. Actually found Mexican, but it's so crowded. Can't there be a nice restaurant for singletons that no one goes to?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    Wow. Actually found Mexican, but it's so crowded. Can't there be a nice restaurant for singletons that no one goes to?
    Trying to stay at least hemispherically on theme, I can only picture the X-Men scene in the Argentinian bar...

It didn't work out for the non-mutants.

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Lunch/Dinner that's really lovely and easy to make. Needed (serves 1):

• 1 cup of pasta (spaghetti, fusilli, farfalle or penne all work fine)
    • half a zucchini (even if you don't like them – I hated zucchinis prior to this recipe)
    • 2 medium-sized tomatoes
    • 1 jar of this goodness:
      Spoiler: Sauce

Note: In the unlikely case that this particular one cannot be obtained, I recommend getting another that is pricey compared to the supermarket basics and one that shows a creamy, rather than tangy green colour.)
    • some oil (olive preferred, but whatever works)
    • salt and pepper

1. Boil a generous amount of salted water.
    2. While waiting for water to boil, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and slice; also, dice the tomatoes.
    3. Throw pasta into the boiling water.
    4. Heat some oil in a frying pan, add zucchini, fry until golden brown. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
    5. Once al dente stage is reached, drain the pasta, throw back into pot and add half a jar of pesto sauce. Mix well and heat through.
    6. Arrange pasta on serving plate with zucchini/tomatoes on top.

Time needed: 10-15 minutes.

Edit: This is the meal that has established a firm reputation of being a good cook among my acquaintances despite my being a terrible cook. Not my recipe, either, but stolen from an obscure series of Hungarian cookbooks.