Thread: The World as Viewed by Monsters

Type
    eNTP

The World as Viewed by Monsters

I had this crazy thought that made me laugh, but I didn't want to just stuff it in "little X" thread. I also didn't want to just stuff it in a blag. Therefore, this thread exists largely because I couldn't figure out a good place to stuff this post.

It is my fervent hope that this will take off as an example for one and all to show crude sensibilities in the name of surreal humor. Whether this trends to dark humor or the merely silly is up to you folk.

To kick this off, I present my initial flood of "The World as Viewed by Sea Monsters":

Burrito

Meatpie

Spanikopeta

Baclava

Egg Roll

Ding-Dongs

Lakes

Ocean
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Type
    INTP
    Oh...I missed the captions at first and was wondering what you're smoking...even though I thought of something. This was going to be the world as viewed by the hairy sky monster who hangs by his legs and views the world upside down through his skyscope:

See, it's kind of dumb. I don't have a caption, but I get it now. I'll play right tomorrow. It's late

Type
    INTj

air filter

Type
    INTP
    In a dry world beyond the clouds, the salty cracker monsters peer through tiny holes and dream that some day their walls will crumble so they can replenish their supply of cream cheese that floats in the sky beneath them.

IDK, I may need a little more rest.
    Last edited by BarIII; 02-20-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I had this crazy thought that made me laugh, but I didn't want to just stuff it in "little X" thread. I also didn't want to just stuff it in a blag. Therefore, this thread exists largely because I couldn't figure out a good place to stuff this post.

It is my fervent hope that this will take off as an example for one and all to show crude sensibilities in the name of surreal humor. Whether this trends to dark humor or the merely silly is up to you folk.

To kick this off, I present my initial flood of "The World as Viewed by Sea Monsters":

Burrito

Burritos are distinctly a Latin American as opposed to Spanish food. They're a modern derivation of traditional Mayan/Aztec/etc. cuisine. (The word "tortilla" is Spanish, but in Spain a tortilla is a kind of omelette, not a kind of bread.)

Not sure if this invalidates the comparison or not--I mean, maybe if it's a ship returning to Spain from an expedition to Mexico.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    Not sure if this invalidates the comparison or not--I mean, maybe if it's a ship returning to Spain from an expedition to Mexico.
    My initial choice was a Spanish treasure frigate to make the comparison more clear for the reasons you mention. My intent was from the age of Spanish colonialism in the New World.

Honestly, I think the link between a bireme and spanikopita is worse. Laminated dough isn't from that age. I'm pretty sure spinach was introduced to Greece until after they were supplanted, but honestly, I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable to be sure. You'd think it would have been among the things Alex tried to introduce to the homeland--assuming he gave two shits about doing things like that.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    90's divorced dad.