Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stress Test

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    How on earth buying a new car can cause stress is beyond me. Unless it relates to the financial burden. Otherwise, having a reliable vehicle vs the old beater you just replaced should be a stress lowering situation.
    I deal with this every. It's generally the process that stresses most people out, especially the more hardcore analytically types -- Most people get so caught up in everything number related, they forget that they are in fact replacing the old beater as you said.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Working toward a long term goal of financial independence, not keeping close friends, 3500 miles from family, not owing anyone anything, not participating in the credit rating system or ever owning a credit card, work from home job (haven't even met my direct report manager in person for the last eight years)
    A pig, in a cage, on antibiotics.
    Good Advice... much of which I'm aspiring towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    I was going to ask what are doing to cause so much stress, did you take a job at the Justice League?
    It's not me (mostly), its other people. Much of what I have done that is taken into consideration by this test is for my betterment.

New job position which effects my sleep pattern (improving it, the new position comes with a large amount of room for increasing life satisfaction ), end of a long term relationship that wasn't doing good things for me (and all the crap that comes with relationships imploding), moving (and will do so again within the next little while, to a place that will be much healthier), other peoples babies, serious health issues, ect.

Other People though? Most of them suck and seem to be competing in the suckatude world cup this year.
    Oh fuck it, Its the 90's.

Type
    INTP
    How on earth buying a new car can cause stress is beyond me. Unless it relates to the financial burden. Otherwise, having a reliable vehicle vs the old beater you just replaced should be a stress lowering situation.
    That's one of the most arduous events I can think of. Research, test driving, seeing what's out there, cutting through the bs, haggling, securing financing, narrowing down what you want vs what you're willing to spend, finding a good deal, going from dealer to dealer, negotiating extended warranty, waiting around between offers, uck, no way. I'll prolly go through one of those auto buying services the next time I buy a car.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    294.00 out of 1 467.00 (20.04%) - Bordering Major?

I found it funny that child leaving home was on there. My son leaving home was stressful for a small time, but in the long run reduced daily stress. Also, I'd mark my stress as mild myself. If this is close to Major stress, then they're going to have to add some more notches to the scale for stresses I've gone through in the past.
    +2

102 - mild.

They don't mention home renovations or doing your own taxes and filing long form, but other than that, it has been relatively low stress.

As far as buying a car, that was stress reducing.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    That's one of the most arduous events I can think of. Research, test driving, seeing what's out there, cutting through the bs, haggling, securing financing, narrowing down what you want vs what you're willing to spend, finding a good deal, going from dealer to dealer, negotiating extended warranty, waiting around between offers, uck, no way. I'll prolly go through one of those auto buying services the next time I buy a car.
    Well yes, the shopping part is a bit of a hassle. But once the thing is parked in your driveway, meh - it's water under that bridge at that point. I'm viewing this in the context of the test: "has occurred within the last 12 months".

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Well yes, the shopping part is a bit of a hassle. But once the thing is parked in your driveway, meh - it's water under that bridge at that point. I'm viewing this in the context of the test: "has occurred within the last 12 months".
    Except that monthly reminder that what's parked in your driveway isn't really yours. Everything about cars is stressful.

Let's not forget the ever annoying insurance and maintenance.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Starjots View Post
    +2
    doing your own taxes and filing long form.
    I can't even tell you how happy I was w/the advent of MacIntax and other software. Having to drive to various libraries or post offices to get the right forms. I always seem to need some obscure one that I'd have to go to the federal bldg. And then not realize that form meant having to fill out another form in a different section. Yuuhhh!!

Type
    intp

huh.
    I wanna see your goodreads, so add me.

Type
    INTP
    709? What?
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INXP
    188. Ironically, my depression just decided it wanted to be a factor in my life again. Swell.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'