Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How are you at finding stuff?

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    I can't relate to any of this. I'm academically below average but when it comes to sensory perceptual stuff it's easy. I just see it in my mind. I can scan my visual field like a hawk. Rearrange words and shapes in my head. If I misplaced something no problem I just reverse the tape. If I see a face I can remember it and who they resemble. When I smell something I can identify it. Good sense of direction. Mindful and alert brain. I wish language and abstract reasoning were easier for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INTP
    Word searches are no problem for me. Finding my stuff in the house, on the other hand, not so much.

Type
    INFP
    Car in a parking lot, never a problem. Mustard in a refrigerator, impossible. I think of it as hunting vs gathering.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Pretty fucking quick. Have never lost my car and now google is a long press on an android and will walk you back to it anyway.

I used to do word searches from age 8 and would finish whole books in a week.

Pattern discovery, making links within disparate data sets, I knock dat shit off the table like it lobstah, homes.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Oh if I start looking for something I'm going to find it. It doesn't matter whether it's there or not.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Oh if I start looking for something I'm going to find it. It doesn't matter whether it's there or not.
    LOL. I can relate.

Type
    ISFP
    lose my car in parking, lose my keys, comeback home more than 2 times because i forgot the tickets for the plane and the phone, i forgot a certain day i had to take a plane to visit my friend in Paris, confused 12 am with day 12 of the month which meant i was not going to get that job, too much, tooooo much
    finding stuff? anywhere i live is a total disaster, usually i don't need to find things, i just pick whatever is in front of me, (like clothes) there are some key things that i always more or less know where to find, i leave them handy or in my pockets, impossible to explain

Type
    INFJ
    Somewhere in this relatively tiny house is a small, clear plastic zip lock baggie containing four sets of clear plastic collar darts.

I remember thinking the last time I saw it that "I should put that some place safe where I won't accidentally throw it in the trash"... but I have no recollection of what I did after that.