Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the UK

Type
    INTP

Hello from the UK

I've decided to join a forum composed of like minded individuals ever since discovering typology and having my perception expanded.

I have taken MBTI four times; I have processed as INTP 3 times, and once as an INFP. It may be interesting to note that my margins were rather small on all counts apart from Ti. (I'm still a newbie with the jargon and concepts so you will have to forgive and educate on any errors made).

I also took the Enneagram test today which processed me as a type 8, there is not much information about this combination on the internet.

I had a quick look at type 5 which I know most INTP's process as. All of the type 5 info relates to me as well, but for some reason type 8 dominates my processing.

It has been suggested that the Jung Typology is something that we are born with and is inherent, whereas the Enneagram can be looked at as the results of nurture, rather than nature.

That got me thinking about the layers of self including the ego, the super ego and the true self.

I think it may be a possibilty that my type 8 represents my ego, my INTP represents my super ego, and my INFP represents my true self, the INFP.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts along these lines.

In regards to introducing my self, I'll answer the informal questionnaire as follows:

I came across typology whilst looking up Carl Jung, in a rather alternative capacity.

My topics of interest include deep politics, geo-politics, alternative history, psychological warfare, occult, noetic science, gnosis, mind control, and pretty much everything under the sun.

Female, 23, Birmingham UK.

Sinead.
    Last edited by Sinead91; 02-21-2015 at 07:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Type
    ENTP
    Yay someone new for @gator to visit!
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinead91 View Post
    My topics of interest include deep politics, geo-politics, alternative history, psychological warfare, occult, noetic science, gnosis, mind control, and pretty much everything under the sun.
    Hi Sinead, welcome to the Complex!

What is your favorite chapter of alternate history?

Mine is the American westward expansion. There are a tantalizing number of "alternate nations" that were either conceived on paper or actually attempted to form but were instead absorbed into the U.S. I think it's fascinating to wonder "what if?" and imagine history as it would have unfolded with the U.S. as a smaller country and a larger number of countries occupying North America.

Of these, my favorites are Deseret and Cascadia, but obviously there's the C.S.A., an independent Texas, California Republic, Dakota, New England, Vermont and others.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

objective-means-purpose wise fool's Avatar
    Type
    iNxx
    Right the fuck on! Yahoo!

I usually test as INTP, sometimes as INFP, INTJ, and very rarely as INFJ. But I identify myself as much of an INFJ as INTP.

used to be 4w5, but now 9w1 i guess

u like globalresearch.com?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Hi Sinead, welcome to the Complex!

What is your favorite chapter of alternate history?
    Hey, I suppose my favorites would be some certain events that have not yet been validated what what we could call solid 'proof', however I believe there is much circumstancial evidence for these views points to be examined more closely, and I also believe they will be validated with the passing of time.

I am referring to the Under Water Missle Crisis of '76 reported by Dr Peter David Beter and General George Brown. Following on from then the lucky aversion we had from Nuclear War in '82 which more recently the MSM have been dripping some info about.

Not to mention the assination of JFK and the alternative deep politics surround that period, which is inherently related to all poltics of the last few hundred years, or thousands depending on your pespective.

Type
    INTP
    Oooh. Occult interest? Do tell!

Welcome, btw!

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    Oooh. Occult interest? Do tell!

Welcome, btw!
    The list is extensive, but I suppose my favorites include the works of Allen H Greenfield, and his work on the 'Secret Cypher of the UFOnauts', which utilises one of the cyphers found in Crowley's Book of the Law. Using the cypher he examined key words from the early contact cases and managed to decipher a new and hidden code being used between the contacts and their associates.

When you look at the ealy contact cases in their true form (past the level of disinformation that surround them) you come to know that all these contacts were 'adepts' within their own occult societies, for example, George Hunt Williamson (Bother Phillip), and Dorothy Martin (Sister Thedra). Each being pivotal in the early contactee movement, and it's lasting legacy.

The secret of these societies, and that of Crowely et al, include their secret knowledge of how to contact the 'secret cheifs'; the method of contact thought to be that of an unknown technology, one that utilises language and symbols to invoke the openings of portals.

The work of Puharich, the Round Table, Geller, Psy-warefare, and L/L Research interest me.

As well as the history behind these concepts.

The law of one material was channeled through heavy use of ritual, as was Crowely's and countless others work.

The concepts of ritual and magick interests me, it's interesting to note that reality runs like a matrix and can be programmed to receive alternative frequencies.

Rudolf Steiner has a lot of my attention right now...

Type
    INTP
    I was supposed to be in Brum for work this Tuesday but I'm needed more in London. I've never actually been, though I've looked at it from a hill in Dudley. I don't suppose Dudley is as exciting as Brum.

With regards to typing yourself, MBTI is only slightly better than astrology, in that it lets you decide which box you think you fit the best in. I would suggest that you take whatever concepts or discoveries are useful to you personally and not worry too much about the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Polemarch View Post
    Yay someone new for @gator to visit!
    Jeez, at the rate we're going I might actually have a social life!

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I was supposed to be in Brum for work this Tuesday but I'm needed more in London. I've never actually been, though I've looked at it from a hill in Dudley. I don't suppose Dudley is as exciting as Brum.
    Well, I hope you get posted near the centre or around where I went to university (Edgbaston). The rest is shit. No offense to the OP... welcome anyway! I was actually living in Birmingham when I first joined the predecessor to this site.

What do you mean by deep politics?
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    Well, I hope you get posted near the centre or around where I went to university (Edgbaston). The rest is shit. No offense to the OP... welcome anyway! I was actually living in Birmingham when I first joined the predecessor to this site.

What do you mean by deep politics?
    Well, I wouldn't move there, but occasional visits to the Hippodrome or the university are well within the realm of possibility.