Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buzzfeed Articles

Type
    INTj

Buzzfeed Articles

Buzzfeed is currently the worst site on the internet in my opinion. It is a well funded business that doesn't care, at all, about quality/original content or copyright infringement. It is used to propagate group think with asinine platitudes and gifs. I believe a part of the reason it has come to power is because some people that are not quite smart/motivated enough to recognize and analyze their areas of cognitive dissonance need comfort in the form of confirmation bias to help qualm their minds. The only redeeming quality is its entertainment value, and that is debatable.

There is only one solution, buzzfeed must die.

EDIT: qualm => quell, same difference... not really... but still.
    Last edited by Perdix; 02-22-2015 at 01:47 AM.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I haven't really paid too much attention to Buzzfeed, but IMO, anything that propagates group think should go away. Fox News and Tumblr, get thee behind me. They're helping to make humanity dumber. I've found this to be mildly amusing:

http://www.reddit.com/r/StormfrontorSJW/

Also, this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PoesLawInAction

http://imgur.com/quh9EE1
    Last edited by msg_v2; 02-21-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I haven't really paid too much attention to Buzzfeed, but IMO, anything that propagates group think should go away. Fox News and Tumblr, get thee behind me. You're helping to make humanity dumber.
    Fox News is pretty bad, worse than buzzfeed certainly, but it's not corrupting as many young minds, it's corrupting (and keeping corrupted) old minds -- minds which aren't going to be around much longer. I have to live with these (millennial generation) fuckers for the next several decades, and if buzzfeed is any indication of the things to come, I don't think I can handle it.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Fox News is pretty bad, worse than buzzfeed certainly, but it's not corrupting as many young minds, it's corrupting (and keeping corrupted) old minds -- minds which aren't going to be around much longer. I have to live with these (millennial generation) fuckers for the next several decades, and if buzzfeed is any indication of the things to come, I don't think I can handle it.

Well, what's so crazy about this or this?

Type
    INTj
    Well, what's so crazy about this or this?
    I can't find that much... But buzzfeed... I need to stop posting and start putting my script kiddy skills to good use...

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I can't find that much... But buzzfeed... I need to stop posting and start putting my script kiddy skills to good use...
    Well, what's an example of a Buzzfeed article you hate?

Type
    INTj
    Well, what's an example of a Buzzfeed article you hate?
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/FeliciaFitzp...bnr#.um7G5qKbo

Those oreos need fair representation, what if children get the wrong idea? I get where you're going with those articles, although they do make left-handed desks, they only compromise 10% of all desks (I think) which is why that tumbler page didn't bother me... The second page on Interstellar wasn't constructive, or objective. While the people on tumbler are entitled to their opinions, and entitled to publish their opinions on the free web, Buzzfeed hires laborers to mass produce and plagiarize garbage from other websites, which are even shittier than buzzfeed itself.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining that much, as it's an entertainment website, but it's an annoying entertainment website. I think I'll just set my firewall to block any and all buzzfeed content from reaching my eyes.

Type
    INTP
    Come on, you mean you don't even like medieval beasts that cannot even handle it right now?

I think working at Buzzfeed is pretty much the only thing you can do with a history degree from Cambridge.

(full disclosure: I've met Tom and he's swell)

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/FeliciaFitzp...bnr#.um7G5qKbo

Those oreos need fair representation, what if children get the wrong idea? I get where you're going with those articles, although they do make left-handed desks, they only compromise 10% of all desks (I think) which is why that tumbler page didn't bother me... The second page on Interstellar wasn't constructive, or objective. While the people on tumbler are entitled to their opinions, and entitled to publish their opinions on the free web, Buzzfeed hires laborers to mass produce and plagiarize garbage from other websites, which are even shittier than buzzfeed itself.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining that much, as it's an entertainment website, but it's an annoying entertainment website. I think I'll just set my firewall to block any and all buzzfeed content from reaching my eyes.

Hmm.... it doesn't bother me that much. I see it as harmless.

I tend to take the political stuff more seriously because, even though I hate politics now and want to disengage from them entirely, part of me cannot help but take it seriously. I don't see them as pushing society down the wrong path, rather directly or indirectly. If the ideas succeed, we have a world that's shitty in a different way. If they fail, I dread the backlash that's coming... it's going to be nasty.. not everyone out there is a liberal progressive who flirted with anarchism in his early twenties, before it was cool; they'll be worse things than someone ranting about exasperation with the concepts on message boards. (This is more likely given demographics, especially when you take actual political participation of the demographics into account.)

Maybe I'm just in an overly defensive head-space now, though. I guess time will tell if it's a clarification of my principles, or just me being grouchy.

Now, the plagiarism on buzzfeed might be a bigger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gator
    Come on, you mean you don't even like medieval beasts that cannot even handle it right now?

I liked the article, and then I remembered I already saw all of those images on io9. I suppose this is a major part of what is gettting the goat of @prometheus

Edit: I tried to track down the article, but the images look different. So, perhaps the reputation of Tom is redeemed.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 02-22-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post

I think working at Buzzfeed is pretty much the only thing you can do with a history degree from Cambridge.

(full disclosure: I've met Tom and he's swell)
    Ok, that list was swell, just like Tom, but -- but, the majority of articles I get passed from buzzfeed are as follows (also written by Tom):

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/ne...ugh#.dqeV7yqvd

@msg_v2

Yes, plagiarism guised as originality.