View Poll Results: Would you be a good Communist citizen?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

15 45.45%
  • No!

12 36.36%
  • Maybe!

5 15.15%
  • I don't like white people

5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you make a good Communist citizen?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Would you make a good Communist citizen?

Just saw this on Facebook and wondered how full of secret communists this forum is.

So, basically, as a thought experiment, answer honestly--assuming you live in a version of a Communist society where all of its idealized benefits are successfully realized. Would you more likely be a good citizen, picking a job and just doing it for the benefit of the community that economically supports you either way, or someone seeking to exploit or undermine the system since you don't get any direct economic benefit from any contribution of skills, capital, or time you make to the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INTj
    Would a community that could provide access to anything one needed need more contributors? I say it wouldn't, so no.

Type
    intp
    Yes, I'd work, I get bored and become an overall worse person if I'm not doing anything. Plus, in a society like that, not working when you're able to would probably be a gigantic social stigma. Like, the equivalent of being a neo-nazi today.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Competition (and lack of favoritism) is essential for success of an established society. It's the same as why standard low wages (or wages vs salary) will result in lack of interest in doing better, and only doing better because "you might lose your job." If the community was only based off "comraderie" then a feigned "friendship" or self-serving entitlement would develop, and pretty soon it becomes a "old boy network".

It's partly why I believe a nation that is ruled by a pseudo "Democratic" process must inevitably fail, as it has since created a false-entitlement paradigm through exploitative propaganda; everyone is drinking the kool-aid and doesn't even know the truth of their beliefs, supporting a society hinged upon make-believe success--without true "competition" it must fail. We are attacking the ghost of a former Republic, hyped up on its spirits, and have created the illusion of togetherness despite tearing ourselves apart through feigned support/empathy towards "community." At some point if people become so invested in their "acceptable belief" then anything diverging from that belief becomes anathema; hence we are no different than the practice of "group think" conformity as is often the case with Communism in theory.

I still don't see much difference with our current form of capitalist enslavement. . . What jobs are motivating people to do good for community, if all they practice is entitlement through privileges and opportunism? It's a totem pole shit-fest, where the most common denominator works in favor of "itself."

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I'm going to err on the side of my laziness, and assume that I wouldn't.

I also should have selected the option about hating white people. As a transMexican, I am sick of the white man always keeping me down. I am tired of white people constantly pretending that they didn't invent murder, rape and prejudice. It isn't a coincidence that white people are always watching movies with those things in it. Actually, I pretty much hate all the cisethnic people for constantly trying to erase my existence. Nobody wants to check their cisethnic privilege.. people don't know what it's like to be constantly told that you made up bullshit identity politics for a group that doesn't even exist . It's like, really oppressive guys.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 03-02-2015 at 12:10 AM.

Type
    INTx
    No I wouldn't contribute my energies beyond a very minimal amount for appearances and to feel like I've at least somewhat earned my communist rations. I'd expend most of my energies to serve my individual interests and would look to profit in the inevitable black market.

Type
    INTP
    I guess I would have to say yes. I'm doing it already. I'm homeless at the moment, and I take very little except a meal and a shower once in a while. Meanwhile, I have standardized their computer lab, I run it every day, having logged more than 2,000 hours in the last few months. I write resumes, help people with applications, and generally have been quite successful at getting people jobs to help improve their lives. I do recognize that I am very well respected by the community, and people give of themselves to thank me for my help, so there is perhaps some selfish motivation there.

Type
    XXXX
    I'd be a great communist.

They'd probably end up paying me not to show up for work so yeah.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    ^So human wickedness just comes from impersonal systems, not from within ourselves? Not buying that.