Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you make a good inmate?

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp

Would you make a good inmate?

Let's say that you're a US citizen living in a place where marijuana possession is a felony. One day, you're busted for 2 marijuana cigarettes. If you don't smoke marijuana, let's pretend your arch-nemesis placed them in your pockets. You are later convicted to do 10 years of hard time in prison with no chance of parole. You will be going to a private prison where you'll be expected to work for 25 cents a day, and receiving infractions can increase your incarceration for another month.

You've been handed down the sentence, but you are not yet in prison. You have to report in one week. Do you go to prison and forfeit 10 years of your life? Or do you attempt to escape justice and live life as a fugitive?

Type
    INTP
    Suicide. Problem solved.
    Preferably in the form of going out guns blazing in one big "Fuck you" to the law.

Type
    INTP
    I would leave the country, obviously.

Ridiculous sentences like that in the US don't seem to be uncommon when it comes to marijuana. I guess they have a lot of space in their prisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I want to get rid of imprisoning people for marijuana possession, and want to replace it with imprisoning people for having offensive ideas. Because I'm one of the good guys. Don't worry, I don't support imprisoning anyone for having good ideas.

Type
    INFP
    I don't smoke that shit and wouldn't go to Louisiana if you payed me. Possession of less than an ounce is the equivalent of a traffic ticket where I live, if you're too lazy to go through the medical card charade, through which anybody can get pot legally.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I guess they have a lot of space in their prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I want to get rid of imprisoning people for marijuana possession, and want to replace it with imprisoning people for having offensive ideas. Because I'm one of the good guys. Don't worry, I don't support imprisoning anyone for having good ideas.
    What? How does that have anything to do with this topic?

Type
    INTP
    As if I needed more reasons to stay out of the south. Starting in July pot will be legal for recreational use here. If I ever have to go to the deep south I'll just act like I'm traveling to Singapore or something and be cautious to stay safe until I'm out.

Type
    INFP
    Leave the country. If for some reason I got caught on the way out Id likely make a pretty good inmate.

Work to keep my hands busy, a library, Id likely have a couple kickass pen pals, time to meditate, make interesting friends and learn illicit skills, no need to make eye contact. Its not like they can take my mind from me and as long as I have that there is something to gain. Its likely a very similar ratio of people going through the motions as walking free.

Womens prison isnt a cake walk but it frequently isnt the extreme pit of cut-throat violence that mens prisons are. Might get shived, might get an sti... but that could happen outside of prison too.
    Oh fuck it, Its the 90's.

Type
    IXTP
    Is joining the French Foreign Legion still an option?

Type
    INTj
    If bribery was an option, bribery would be my first choice to avoid jail time, if it wasn't I would buy a new identity, move to Hawaii for a few years and let the whole "evasion" dust settle. If a cobbler couldn't be found in time, which is likely, I would move to south america or europe and start sucking satan's cock for money.

Jail? Ha, fuck that. If I somehow ended up in jail I would spend my time gaining influence and planning a jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Is joining the French Foreign Legion still an option?
    Only if you like dehydration.