Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Heero, Founder/Lead Netadmin of ECNet, Former admin and host INTPC, AMA

Type
    INTP

I'm Heero, Founder/Lead Netadmin of ECNet, Former admin and host INTPC, AMA

Oh wait I'm not on reddit.

Sorry.

Hi you guys. This place is cool, @Aven told me about it a while ago - and I'm glad someone took up the torch of a community like this, as I think it's pretty important and kind of frankly awesome. So - thanks @Ptah

Anyways, to those of you that already know me, howdy again. For those of you I've never met, hi! For those of you I used to piss off, I promise I'm a lot less angry, and I hope you are too? For anyone not covered by one or more of those options, explain yourself below!

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    ^

Let's shake hands. The past is the past. The future is where we're going to spend the rest of our lives.

How would you compare the culture here with the culture at the last place? Do you feel that some things were lost, and some things were gained?

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    ^

How would you compare the culture here with the culture at the last place? Do you feel that some things were lost, and some things were gained?
    I haven't been here too long, but the culture here appears similar in most ways to INTPC. The biggest thing I would say is different is INTPC always had this air of slight negativity to it that was sort of a relic of angst that had occurred among numerous prominent forum members/admins - this place seems to not have that since it is a spiritual successor in a lot of ways to INTPC, but also has a different admin team. In other words - I think INTPX is more positive than INTPC was in nature, but otherwise, retains the same culture by and large, and the same posters.

In a lot of ways, this place actually reminds me of what INTPC was when I first got involved - around 400 members, almost the exact same community of 400 members in fact, lots of good posts, not too much drama - the only difference, as I noted, is this place seems a lot more "positive" in a lot of ways. It's hard to explain without going into details about a lot of stuff that happened with INTPC administration, but those of you who remember INTPC from the olde days know what I'm talking about .

And I think I banned you once? Did I ban you? I'm pretty sure I banned you? I don't remember. Oh well yeah we can shake hands

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Heero View Post
    And I think I banned you once? Did I ban you? I'm pretty sure I banned you? I don't remember. Oh well yeah we can shake hands
    You did. That was a long time ago, though. No hard feelings!
    *shakes hands*

Type
    INTP
    Heero, a madmin emeritus. Awesomesauce.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Heero View Post
    I'm Heero...
    You're a legend! I was excited that someone here is uploading your old forum so I can read about all the stuff that went on. Details on the hacks, bans, hazing, etc. I'm more interested in stuff like that than heavy INTP talk. I'm not even sure I'm an INTP.

Type
    Intp
    If Aven recommended you then you're fine by me. I also remember the name Heero, so maybe you are famous ( i usually remember nothing). I think you may have been before my time though. Not sure. Welcomes to the new and improved, unscented, less hidden fees version of our forum. It's tops. Glad you made it. Oh, I also don't think you ever banned me since I didn't get banned, just smacked around a lot . I try to fly under the badness radar if at all possible. Hates drama. Hope you like the new forum; it's very very cool and we need more old and new people. yay!
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    You're a legend! I was excited that someone here is uploading your old forum so I can read about all the stuff that went on. Details on the hacks, bans, hazing, etc. I'm more interested in stuff like that than heavy INTP talk. I'm not even sure I'm an INTP.
    You're going to have to go way back to find the Heero era. I'm guessing circa 2006 but my memory is fuzzy. I was old even back then.

The hacks/spam infestation will be easy to spot, last 3-6 months as the old place was in it's death throes.

Type
    INTP
    2005 or 2004 and forward - I stopped posting very often (except in madmin forum) around 2007 or 2008 or something. My most memorable post was the april fools day post were I said the server logs and database had been seized by the police that were investigating stuff.