Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INTP or just me?

Type
    INxP

INTP or just me?

I sometimes pull the neck of my t-shirt up over my nose when I'm alone and need to concentrate on something.

INTP or just me?

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    No, that probably means you are a psychopath. Now, excuse me while I m-shift onto a whale .

* noms on krill

Type
    INFP
    I thought you were an INFP. Traitor!

I may have done that. It sounds like something I would do. It might not be an effective strategy if you're on this site.

When I'm bored I close my eyes, look at the fading leftover shapes on the backs of my eyelids, and imagine what else they could be. Like cloud watching. Intp or just me

Type
    INTP
    It means you don't wear v-necks, which is what hipsters wear now (I think), so yes, INTP.

When I want to concentrate, I put all my hair up in a bun because it's down to my waist. This changes nothing but it makes me feel more serious business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    It means you don't wear v-necks, which is what hipsters wear now (I think), so yes, INTP.
    Or turtlenecks though, which are good for that.

----

Idk what I do when I'm trying to concentrate. Maybe I never concentrate. I tend to fritter away at the edges of things, whatever is at hand, tissues paper etc.

Type
    INTx
    Nope I don't do that. I'll tap two fingers rapidly or will massage my forehead like I'm trying to pull the solution out.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Nope I don't do that. I'll tap two fingers rapidly or will massage my forehead like I'm trying to pull the solution out.
    Oh that reminds me, I do purse my lips. That's what I do when I'm concentrating. Mystery solved.

A Transient Configuration Sistamatic's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post

When I want to concentrate, I put all my hair up in a bun because it's down to my waist. This changes nothing but it makes me feel more serious business.
    I also do this.

Type
    INTP
    I do it, but I don't think it's a concentrating thing for me. My shirts just feel restrictive sometimes around my neck so that's when I do it.

I do find myself putting my hand up my my mouth/nose area when I'm concentrating.

Type
    INTP
    I curl my lower lip in over my lower teeth, stick my tongue out slightly and to the right, and bite down gently on the tongue/lip sandwich...all without thinking. I'm not sure if I'm just unconsciously mimicking the focus of various cartoon characters that I saw doing this as a kid, or if this biting of a stuck out tongue thing is instinctual...
    I also squint when I'm focusing...

..and I touch my face...sometimes I make an "L" with my index finger and thumb, where my index finger touches my nose, and my thumb touches my chin, or alternately, my thumb on chin, and index finger curled and resting on my lips.
    I also occasionally do hand gestures, like I'm trying to finesse the words out that I need to have in order for something to be clear.