Thread: Mea Culpa

Type
    INTP

Mea Culpa

I'm sorry, y'all. I just feel like a kind of lame forum member. So, in true cradle Catholic tradition, I'd like to confess my sins and then go right on committing them.

1. I think that everyone on here is an INTP.

Objectively I know that not everyone is, and often I will even remark to myself, "Oh, so-and-so identifies as xxxx, how interesting." But the default classification system in my brain says "INTPx is for INTP people, therefore the posters on INTPx are INTPs." This system will automatically override any subconscious information I might have stored to the contrary unless I consciously remind myself to double-check, which almost never happens.

2. I don't read long threads.

Sometimes I do, but usually... no. Or I'll read like the last few pages and just respond to whatever random comment caught my eye.

3. I think much more about what I write than about what I read.

...That might not actually be true. But I often read for information, and so I don't have any inclination to comment on what I've read. So when it comes to my actual visible participation, I'm generally putting more thought into what I originate than in what I reply to.

4. I don't put a lot of thought into what I write either.

...I guess what it comes down to is that I really do not have much free time, for obvious reasons (single parent; one year old), so my forum participation is more 'hit and run' than 'sit down and have an in depth conversation.' Which is good in some ways (more targeted usage, less addiction), but I feel that it does impact my ability to be a good netizen, as it were.

So. Sorry. :/ Just wanted y'all to know that I do feel a bit bad about it, but it's probably not going to change.

Type
    INTP
    5. I also have come to just really hate debate. I cringe when I even think about posting on anything resembling a "hot button" sort of thread.