Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Soapmaking

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    They look like magic! Congrats!
    thanks

k idk how long the link will be up here, guys. i still feel weird about selling here. /badsalespersonlol
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i've been doing well keeping to ~natural~ recipes (using a v minimal amount of artificial additives) since my priority has always been making soap that's good for skin and makes it feel nice, but lately i've been wanting to work with more interesting fragrances. with fragrance consisting solely of EOs i've found that after curing they barely survive the lye monster, & using EOs that way also gets really expensive. my next thing now is to figure out how to use fragrance oils in just the "right" amount, without under- or overdoing them or having to change too much what i'm already doing in terms of my process/recipes (since some fragrance oils (like EOs) will make your soap behave in weird ways you might not want).

so far i've been using fragrance oils (& doing fragrance in general) at a "light" strength level. i've gotten feedback from a lot of (mostly) dudes though saying they want it stronger, and i think they want, like, manlier scents.

experimenting with all these diff little things to find the ones you like best is always the part that's so inaccessible cost-wise, but i do wanna work with more fragrance, esp since i'm selling now, so the "experience" is kinda important.

(yeah, i woke up at 5:30 am thinking about this and got up to post this at 6. crazy.)

edit: the latest thing just listed in da shop

Spoiler: hibiscus red tea soap

made w/ hibiscus tea for the liquid mixture, & dried hibiscus.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 10-01-2015 at 01:29 PM.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INXX
    Read it and weep, suckas!

I am the proud own of two bar's o jigglypuff soap! Gaze upon the magnificence!

She included a sample you see there because I'm oh soooo dirty! Or maybe she tryin to get me cracked out on her product. Yeah thas prolly it.

I thank thee, jiggly..
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by rincon View Post
    Order placed! Just got the confirmation email, waitng for soapy goodness
    Just thought I'd update-- I ordered one of each large bar that was available at the time. They were all great. My favorites were the peppermint and the eucalyptus-- smell great and are SCRUBBY (especially the peppermint with the oats). Highly recommended.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by rincon View Post
    Just thought I'd update-- I ordered one of each large bar that was available at the time. They were all great. My favorites were the peppermint and the eucalyptus-- smell great and are SCRUBBY (especially the peppermint with the oats). Highly recommended.
    glad you liked em. so great to hear your feedback. thank you!!!
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Have you started an underground fight club and anti-corporate/big business guerrilla group yet?

I ask because I'm a terrible person, and I can't be bothered to look back through the thread to see if the obvious and tired reference had been made yet.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Have you started an underground fight club and anti-corporate/big business guerrilla group yet?
    yes
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD